Star Princess Cruise Review

Star Princess Cruise Review by OneOrangePaw

• Sail Date: Jun 2018
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Wanted to see both Hubbard Glacier and Glacier Bay National Park which is why we chose this cruise. This itinerary has great scenery. We spent lots of time on the deck above the bridge with binoculars, just looking around. Weather is variable so bring a good jacket and layers! My least favorite port of call was Skagway (very, very touristy), but we took a boat to Haines and went kayaking which was very nice. I heard the White Train was very good too. My favorite port for just walking around was Ketchikan. In Juneau we did the helicopter ride to the glacier which was pricey but one of those vacation splurge things. The entertainment on board was only ok, but they try hard and we did enjoy the talks given by the naturalists on board. Service was good in both dining rooms and bars, but they had trouble making my steak medium rare in the Crown Grill. I had to send it back twice!!

I would go again and not eat as much as it is all too easy to overdo it! Two things that are easy to miss are 1) Pub lunch day in the Crown Grill (fish and chips and beer), happens at the beginning of the cruise.

2) High tea in the dining room at 3:30p. The only time you can get scones. They are quite good!!

We were happy to have the late seating at 7:45p as this gave us time to be hungry again after lunch and afternoon drinks. Another wonderful thing is the International cafe with panini sandwiches 24 hours a day!

OneOrangePaw's Full Rating Summary

Balcony
Cabin BE C243

Nice cabin with balcony. Queen bed configuration was very comfortable and there was plenty of room to hang clothes in the closet area outside of the bathroom.

We had zero issues with noise and it was very good weather so seas were calm.

OneOrangePaw