3. Silver Whisper
I was on the booze cruise that seem to be some elses’s party. I have had in the past wonderful relaxing trips on Silverseas. After a couple of tough years I was looking forward returning to Silverseas and a relaxing seven days and being spoilt. As soon as I boarded Whisper I went as usual for a relaxing drink by the pool to get over my journey and while waiting for my luggage to arrive in my suite. I arrived at the pool to see there was a full blown loud drunken party going on. I couldn't even get to bar, let alone a drink. So `i gave up. It turned out there was a party of 220 or 225 people on a company convention. Boy did they party. There was no getting away from them. They took over the restaurants, bars and the pool. They were loud, drunk, rude, using bad language and were never seen without a drink in their hands. They even walked around the ship with drinks in their hands in their swimming gear.. I couldn't even really get away from them in the suite and have a quite moment on the balcony, as they shouted to each other from room to room or from one balcony to other. So much for a relaxing holiday, it was a nightmare, never been so pleased to get to a end of holiday. No senior offices or staff did anything to apologise or put things right. They seemed to disappear and avoid passengers. The venetian party was pretty sombre. The captain asked how everyone was enjoyjngntheir cruise and was met by silence from the 40 or so members there. The wi-fi on board was awful and I had real problems sending emails. The ship and suite were in good order but I wish there was more towels in the bathroom. The food was just OK but not great. The buffet lunch was disappointing, I have seen better buffets in school canteens, not what you expect for a six star, expensive cruise. And apart from one main hot course it was the same buffet every day with no variety and it all looked so cheap. Plus the portion were small and I felt bad asking for more. There was almost a “tut” if you asked for a second small slice of meat, Didn't do any trips as I like to do my do thing on my own. I will not book an cruise with Silversea as I didn't pay a premium for a luxury cruise to end up on a Booze trip. They should have warned us so we could choose a different cruise. We were reassured on board that we would receive generous refunds but when we returned they refused and simply offered a small credit against a future cruise, something we now have no intention of ever booking. feel very let down by Silversea, it wasn't what I was expecting or promised.

We were passengers on someone elses charter.

Silver Whisper Cruise Review by Helen1970

Didn't do any trips as I like to do my do thing on my own.

Helen1970’s Full Rating Summary