3. River Royale
The Bordeaux cruise was a very enjoyable, light, easy going trip. Perfect for seniors, but maybe we were below the average age. Saint Emilion and Bordeaux were the highlights of the journey, but other stops, like Blaye, Fort Médoc or Libourne weren´t really exciting. For a wine centered cruise I expected more wine tastings and better house wines on board. We had an average of one wine tasting per day, and asked for upgrade wines in almost every dinner. Sometimes we brought the bottles we bought at the wineries to the restaurant. The food was very good, but not memorable. The cabins were extremely small, with a narrow corridor around a Queen size bed. There is a table and 2 chairs between the bed and the window, to give the impression of a veranda, but they´re just annoying obstacles. The bathroom is also tiny and I wonder if a fat man can fit the shower.

Dorm size bedrooms

Richertrips’s Full Rating Summary
Get Uniworld River Royale price drops

Stateroom with French Balcony
Cabin 1 305
It was the smallest stateroom I´ve ever been.
La Gironde Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins