• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

GaryJanet
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Sail Date: Jun 2018
Cabin: Veranda Stateroom
Ship’s chef giving a tour through the farmers market
Beautiful Church in Budapest
Budapest manhole cover
Delicious bakery
Jewish Memorial
Egil

We chose this cruise because of the Interesting ports to visit. We added the pre and post extensions to Budapest and Prague. Absolutely loved the section of Budapest where our hotel was located. The Hilton Budapest Hotel was excellent! Lovely room and complimentary breakfast. Best breakfast buffet I have ever seen! The Hilton Prague was not so great. Not a good part of town. The hotel itself needs lots of updating. However, the breakfast buffet was excellent. Hilton knows how to do food! The Budapest Viking Host was excellent. He was informative and professional. He gave us great tips. The Prague Viking Hosts were lackadaisical and didn’t seem knowledgeable.

The included tours were very interesting. The guides did their jobs well. I wish we had chosen more extra excursions because they offered more in-depth information. Our Ship program director, Oliver, was excellent and entertaining. The ship’s food was very good. Our accommodations were very comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful.

We hope to go on another Viking trip. I love the small boat experience.

Veranda Stateroom

Cabin B

Comfortable, clean and always maintained. I loved the heated bathroom floor. Great toiletry products. I wish the wi-fi was better.

Port Reviews

Regensburg

One of my favorite towns to explore. So much charm.

Nuremberg

We took the city tour. I wish there was time off the bus because there are so many historical points here not to miss. We should have booked one of the extra excursions here.

Find a Viking Egil Cruise from $2,199