3. Radiance of the Seas
Always wanted to go to Alaska, so when our first cruise to Puerto Rico got cancelled due to hurricanes, we decided to go to Alaska instead. Now mind you, RCI was not too easy to get them to change our cruise even though our flights and hotel were cancelled but eventually we managed to get them to see it was impossible to get to Puerto Rico in Oct 17. We went to Alaska for a few days early and traveled around and the sights are breathtaking. We boarded Radiance and were immediately treated like royalty. If you have been on a few cruises then you qualify differently (i.e. Gold, Platinum, etc). You then can skip the line on boarding and they get you right on the ship. The people complaining about the ship being old..... If I'm going to spend more than a couple hundred dollars I'm usually going to at minimum do a google search. Right there pops up ship was built in 2001 on Wikipedia. Ship is 17 years old, I also learned it was dry docked in 2016. We had an extended balcony oceanview. The views are amazing, the balcony was decent sized for two people and includes chairs and table. The inside of the room has been updated, with new TV's and some cabinetry but the bathroom, couches and beds do not appear to be replaced. No matter, they were okay. The beds arent the most comfortable, which is my only gripe of this trip. My wife loved them as they were very supportive, however I want to sleep on a cloud. We did all sorts of different dining; Giovanni's italian which was absolutely amazing. We did Chops Steakhouse which was again off the charts. And our waiter told us about a package they do three of the restaurants for a deal. Normally its around $30 a person extra for this but they did three for $74/person. So our third we did a galley tour where we see everything behind the scenes and they feed you. Word of the wise, get the picture package. They have photgraphers EVERYWHERE. Take a bunch of pictures and spend the $225 on the package. Youll have well over 100 pictures if you spend 10 minutes a day taking them. It sure beats spending $15 per picture and having to decide on 2-3. Just figure out when the pictures are being taken and follow them for 10 minutes before dinner. Boom, done. Casino wasnt a big hit on this cruise, dont think anyone won. I was out a few hundred and started to look around and didnt see many people winning. But, thats whats it there for....to make money. The dining room staff was very good. They are polite, very well trained and can answer any question about your meal. My wife has an odd allergy and they were able to answer questions about everything and if they didnt know a head waiter would come over and make everything so easy. The ship appears to have the main public bathrooms redone, some of the public areas, etc. It really is a beautiful ship, some parts are older but its so well kept its insane. Every port you stop at before your even off the ship there are people already working on parts of it trying to keep up with upkeep. The cruise director was okay on this ship, he was fun and outgoing. Not the best for sure we've definitely had better on Enchantment of the seas but he was still good. I get the drink package and wasnt charged for anything, 15 year scotch, frozen drinks, beers, etc. Its worth it in my opinion. I tipped a bartender $5 on the first day (even though tipping is already included, this was extra) he couldnt do enough for me the rest of the cruise. And they move around (i.e. in the day he was at the pool at night hes in a bar). Was a great guy was nice to hear about his home and family. The ports are amazing. They get you right up to the glacier, there was one port that was boring but we just went back on the ship and had a blast. Its their rainy season, but in the two weeks we were there it rained once, Im told the weather we got was unheard of.

Great time

bcasey758’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Radiance of the Seas price drops

Spacious Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 1B 9062
Older, beds and couches could use a spruce up but the room service is good, the people that come in to clean come in twice a day, are very responsive and nice.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins