3. Norwegian Escape
We chose this cruise because we wanted to go to Bermuda. We also had a single friend traveling with us. Norwegian offers single rooms so we were sold on this ship. There were many great things about this ship. The room was much nicer than we thought it would be. We were on Deck 11 and had a window. We've had a balcony on other cruises and don't find it to be worth the money. Norwegian had freestyle dining which was great! You could eat any time you wanted. This way you didn't have to eat with people you didn't know. The three of us could eat together. The servers in the dining rooms were very attentive. Cagney's was very good. The shows were excellent. We didn't do any excursions. We went on our own. If you go to Horseshoe Bay, I recommend you take the mini bus. The charge is only $7.00 one way. Taxis are very expensive. What we didn't like: Norwegian offers specialty dining as most cruiselines do. We found theirs to be very confusing. We had the three meal package and weren't sure what we had to pay. Some restaurants were ala carte, some were one price, and one had a charge on top of the specialty package. We didn't think the food wasn't as good in the complimentary dining rooms as we've had on other cruises. (NO LOBSTER!) We found you had to make reservations for shows. Before the cruise, I only found one show that needed reservations, but on the cruise most needed reservations. I could see how a first time cruiser could miss out on shows. There was also a show that had a charge. Bottom line, we felt Norwegian "nickeled and dimed" you. Embarkation was easy. Disembarkation was a nightmare. They had times to leave, but it probably took us 45 minutes to get off the ship. A real cluster! All this being said, I would travel again on Norwegian. I just know a little more now.

Great cruise but some things could have been better.

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review by byw100