3. Royal Princess
We boarded in Southampton. Transfers from Heathrow were smooth. As Platinum members we had Priority tickets and were able to board the ship fast. The rooms were ready and we dropped off our carry on luggage and headed to the Buffet for lunch. We then walked around the ship trying to stay awake until the safety drill. It was hard but I managed to do it. I admit I dozed off during the talk so I really cant comment on it. After 20 or so cruises I think I have the plan down but understand the need for it. We also had to watch it on the tv in the cabin before we could watch anything else. The veranda cabin was plenty of room for two. The bathroom and storage was fine. Our cabin steward was maybe the best we have had. I told her what we like in our cabin and she had everything as we requested. she saw our routine and had our room done perfectly every day. We rarely saw her but everything was done. Overall the ship was lovely. We found the food in the buffet to be worse than usual. The system of being served beverages at the table was not good. There were several instances where we finished our meal and still could not get a beverage. I would have fathered just to be able to get it myself. Some waiters were attentive but to others we were invisible. We did not eat in the dining rooms. We gave up on that 2 cruises ago. I had arranged for 5 dinners in the special restaurants and those meals were excellent and the service impeccable. My favorite was Sabitinis. We had pizza in Alfredos a few nights and the pizza and salad were very good.The sangrias there were also very tasty. We took ships excursions at every port and they all were good and well organized. The port in Guernsey was difficult tendering back but there is a small dock area there in in the ships defense there was not much room for the tenders to load. We did have to wait in the rain for over an hour but then there were many people returning to the ship at the same time. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Tour was my favorite. The Dublin Pub crawl a close second. I used the laundry facilities twice and had no issue. Everyone was very considerate and helpful. We never used the pool. The tour guides kept telling us that the UK was experiencing a heat wave but it was in the low to mid 70's. I saw mostly young children in the pools. I also found it to be too cool to attend movies under the stars. I did watch them on the in room tv the day after they were shown outside. Disembarkation went smoothly. Transfers back to Heathrow took about 2 hours . Had no problem making a 12 noon flight. We enjoyed the cruise and the beautiful UK sights. We dealt with the dining issues, relying on International food court, Alfredos, burgers by the pool, and specialty resturants and occasional trips to buffet. All in all with all the walking I managed to lose 1 1/2 lbs on this cruise, a historic first for me.

Great Itinerary!