3. Norwegian Pearl
This was our first cruise, for years my husband told me I wouldn't be able to handle it because of motion sickness. So this was our experiment, to see how I would do. I has a few problems, but once the dramamine kicked in, everything was fine. Embarkation was a little hectic, but went well enough. We were "pushed" in front of a green screen for a photo, not knowing it was for a portrait photo, so the pose looked rather stiff. The staff was very helpful in helping us find our cabin, there was staff everywhere. Directions at each stairway helped, too. Our partially obstructed cabin still gave us a view. I put a glade solid air freshener in the bathroom, that was a great tip I read. The bathroom was VERY small, hard to move around in. The bed was comfortable, which was a surprise, since we are rather picky. The food was good, although some things were different than what we are used to. My husband is a professional cook, and he approved, so that was a compliment. It was nice to order anything off the menu, as often as we wanted. (take the stairs as much as possible, I only gained a couple of pounds because we used the stairs a LOT!) The shows we saw were good. The performers were excellent, working through problems with great skill, they deserve much credit. (a show was put together at the last minute because of illness) Most ports were tourist traps, but we expected as much. In Juneau, we did the Mendenhall Glacier and Gardens, it rained all day. the Gardens were beautiful. In Skagway, we went horseback riding. Very enjoyable, our guides were great. We saw the Lumberjack show in Ketchikan. A little staged, but very enjoyable. We went to Craigdarrach Castle in Victoria. It was definitely an uphill walk, buses were not allowed close to the castle, but taxi's could pull right up. A number of older people had a hard time walking that much. We used the ship's excursions because it was simpler than trying to find our own. This was the first trip my husband and I have had without the kids in over twenty years. We probably didn't socialize as much as other people, but it was our time. We enjoyed it very much. We're already thinking about another cruise, maybe this time with the kids and grandkids.

Alaska

Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by jmburn76

• Sail Date: July 2018
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Obstructed Oceanview

Directions at each stairway helped, too.

In Skagway, we went horseback riding. Very enjoyable, our guides were great.

We saw the Lumberjack show in Ketchikan. A little staged, but very enjoyable.

jmburn76’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Pearl price drops

Obstructed Oceanview
Cabin OK 8090
Very quiet, still some view out the window.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins