Riviera Cruise Review

Riviera Cruise Review by Peteb480

• Sail Date: Jul 2018
  • Destination: the Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Verandah Stateroom

We are somewhat experience cruisers. A total of 11. We have cruised Norwegian, Rcl, Princess, and Celebrity. Are experience on this cruise was the food was very in the specialty restaurants and the same as our current favorite Princess in the main dining. The entertainment was average. The ship other then our cabin was a little tired and could use a clean up. Ship could not compare to Princess Regal. Finally the reason a poor score was our cabin 727.

If I compare dining to others Oceania individual restaurants were very good. The only issue I had with dining is nothing opens until 6:30am. I’m an early riser and I could not get a cup of coffee unless out of their machine until 6:30am.

Activities and entertainment were ok but not as good as other lines. Two stage productions and one show an evening over 8 days.

The service was always cheerful. Over 8 days we saw our cabin housekeeper twice. That really is not a problem because it was always clean and made up. I just like to see them once a day just to say hi in case I need anything like ice or additional towels although we could call for them.

Our cabin had a load continuous creek, enough to wake you up and make it hard to go back to sleep. We went down the first day and they called security not sure why but they came up and heard the creek and said they would get back which they never did. Next night same load creek. We went down to front desk again and they sent us to concierge. She sent up maintenance and they determine it was comng from ceiling from below which they said was a crew cabin. They said they would get back. That night we did not wake up to creek and thought they fixed it but didn’t know as they did not get back. The next night the creek came back and was even worse. I’m not sure if it was due to ship speed or water conditions while ship was moving. We went down and saw concierge and she said she would get back with us. She never did and that night again load creek. The next morning we went to see her and she said she was authorized to give us $300 credit. I said I did not want the credit I want the noise fixed because we have not slept well. She said it cannot be fixed because it is in the walls. I said are you going to allow the next customer to check in to that cabin. She said yes and that’s when I knew Oceania does not care about an issue it only cared about filling the cabins. Very disappointed. We took the $300 but it was not worth 5 nights of poor sleep on an 8 day cruise

If anyone reads this who has had this same problem please let me know. Maybe we can complain to someone who will listened.

Peteb480's Full Rating Summary

Verandah Stateroom
Cabin B4 727

See my review for the cruise. Cabin 727 had a load continuos creek which made it hard to sleep.

Peteb480