Marella Spirit Cruise Review

Worst holiday ever!

Marella Spirit Cruise Review by Motowngirl56

• Sail Date: Jun 2017
  • Destination: the Eastern Mediterranean

I chose this cruise because I wanted to visit Dubrovnik and Montenegro, also had Previous excellent cruise on board Thomson Emerald. On arrival at the ship we were informed that due to Noro virus on board we should expect sticky handrails due to cleaning agents. We were NOT told that all pools and the library were also closed and remained closed for the next 6 days. Previous week passengers had disembarked so little time for a deep clean. Both my daughter (who has Downs syndrome) and myself contracted the virus and spent 4 and half days out of the 7 confined to our pokey, beige cabin. The cabin stewards were actually attentive. It was hard for my daughter to understand. We missed out on all but one excursions, the entertainment and meals. Our favourite pastime swimmjng was also denied.On return to UK I have complained we were not pre warned about the virus and not given an opportunity to cancel or rebook. 13 months on TUI are still fobbing me off , the promised decision by January, then April, then June and lastly July STILL hasn' t been resolved . I am not asking for thousands of pounds, just the cost of the ruined holiday, I think this is disgraceful and quite unbelievable, the on board Doctor had all our details. So disappointed with TUI ad I have been a very loyal customer.

Motowngirl56's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Outside 367

Adequate, old and very beige, toilet sometimes didn't flush, soon sorted though

Motowngirl56