Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by LuckyCuss

• Sail Date: Jul 2018
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Obstructed Oceanview

My Mom and I really enjoyed our cruise. The staff on the Dawn were so attentive to my mother, who uses a wheelchair and a cane. I feel like each time we attempted a transfer in and out of her transport chair, someone was there to hold the chair or flip the foot rests up and down, no one was asked, staff just know what to do and don't hesitate to jump in.

I read plenty of reviews complaining that the buffet didn't have variety, that the staff in the buffet were miserable, etc. That was not the case! The offerings changed every day. The salad bar had different cold salad offerings every single day, the dinner buffet the first night had a seafood theme, another night they did a Turkey dinner (we did not have it, we dined at Los Lobos that night). The final night there was prime rib. I nominated the entire buffet staff for a hero of the cruise award because they were so attentive and personable. The breads are amazing but the salad dressings are watered down. There are name brand bottled dressings available, use those.

The music on board kept us so entertained. Manila Soul performed on the pool deck and in the night club, they are high energy and cover everything from the Beatles to Donna Summer to AC/DC, we loved them. Jamroc was so fun also and Paul Mullins performed lots of Elton John, Billy Joel, Sinatra at Gatsby's.

Everyone had a little luck in the casino at one time or another. I did not like the way the craps dealers kept pushing to keep the dice moving, we were trying to teach some people the game, there was no one else playing and there was no reason to be that aggressive and pushy. I did not play craps the final two days because the pit staff just were bossy and pushy. Jerry in the casino will keep you from going thirsty, great cocktail service.

My mom was in very good hands with Dorotea in the salon and I was able to enjoy a hot stone massage with Richelle, just delightful. The day pass for the spa is $50. The thermal loungers are the most magnificent things ever!

Le Bistro was very good and the best cup of coffee on the ship. Our favorite meal was at Los Lobos, the ambiance was colorful and mom raved about the red snapper. The Mexican rice however was straight out of a Zatarains box, oversalted and gross. Tres Leches cake was off the hook delicious. We dined at Venetian one meal and it was inedible. We are really not picky eaters. Both of our entrees, lasagna and roasted lamb, were inedible. The coconut lime souffle was terrific. We did not return to the Venetian and never tried Aqua.

LuckyCuss's Full Rating Summary

Obstructed Oceanview
Cabin OK 8128

Our cabin was a very generous size, as it was handicapped. Our cabin steward Sagar was so very good to us. We felt blessed to be cared for by him. I'm so glad I brought a hanging shoe caddy for the bathroom and metal magnetic hooks for the cabin door for toiletries and jewelry. There is only one outlet on the far side of the room, at the vanity area, bring an e extension cord, they are not on any restricted list for this ship.

LuckyCuss