3. Emerald Princess
This is my 2nd time on a princess cruise and boy, how things have changed! The Cons: 1.The buffet was terrible! Very small with limited choices. Same food selection every day. The wait service were rude and unfriendly. Good luck finding somewhere to sit and eat! 2. The entertainment was really lacking. The "headliner" shows were just plain awful (a magician with simple magic tricks and a story line that made no sense). There was a lot of downtime when there was literally nothing to do. The "game shows" were run and played by staff which made them very boring. Let the passengers play the games!! 3. We found ourselves bored a lot, especially with a 12 year old. 4. The dining rooms food was excellent but wait staff were never smiling or making jokes. If you asked them for something, they acted annoyed. The Pros: 1. There is nothing bad to say about the ports of call. Alaska is so beautiful! 2. Our cabin (mini suite, deck 9) was very spacious and comfortable. No complaints here. Our steward was thorough and pleasant. 3. Excellent food in the dining rooms, outdoor grill, crown grill, and pizza/ice cream bar. 4. Our cruise director, Simone, was very warm, funny and friendly. 5. Our captain took us to see Sawyer glacier, which is a rare occurrence. 6. Plenty of raffles, if you are into that kind of thing. My family won many nice prizes. Overall, I probably would not choose Princess again. My 1st time sailing with them (back in 2005-ish) was pure luxury but this time around, it was very disappointing. I'll stick with NCL or Royal Caribbean next time.

Disappointing

Emerald Princess Cruise Review by italianjd987

• Sail Date: July 2018
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Premium Club Class Mini-Suite with Balcony
This is my 2nd time on a princess cruise and boy, how things have changed!

The Cons:

3. We found ourselves bored a lot, especially with a 12 year old.

The Pros:

1. There is nothing bad to say about the ports of call. Alaska is so beautiful!

4. Our cruise director, Simone, was very warm, funny and friendly.

5. Our captain took us to see Sawyer glacier, which is a rare occurrence.

italianjd987’s Full Rating Summary