3. Carnival Victory
We chose our first summer cruise (6th cruise overall) to celebrate our 20th Anniversry! It was fun! We arrived later than normal the day boarding at 2pm. Easy peasy. Once onboard we went to our stateroom where our keys were waiting outside our room. We opted for our first balcony experience and we quite enjoyed it! We were in room 8300. Quiet spot, lots of room and storage, comfy King bed. Of course we brought a power bar and put it to good use. Shower was hot all the time, bathroom big enough for us. Mini fridge is always handy. One day an hour after we left Cozumel I noticed a large fish in the water below our balcony. After watching it for a few seconds it came up for air and I realized it was a baby dolphin! I called my wife out too see but she was too late. Not two minutes later we saw two more young dolphins! A very cool experience we wouldn’t have gotten if we didn’t have a balcony. Most of the time the balcony upgrade is too pricey but for this four day cruise it made sense. One great upgrade in all rooms was the night light that would come on near the floor when you got up to go to bathroom in the dark! Someone was thinking, cool feature to have it on a floor motion detector. Only came on when your feet hit the floor. Food was good on board. The Atlantic dining room was our place to “anytime dine” and Nick and his crew were fantastic! Food was hot and tasty and Nick worked hard to make our experience great. We even got sang too and presented with a special dessert for our anniversary. That was a nice touch. We found that line ups were often long at the deli and pizza place. Go in off peak times to avoid this. My GF diet was catered too everywhere on ship except at the Blue Iguana, no corn taco shells!! Even the deli had a turkey wrap ready in a FF wrap! Buffet was decent and had two omelette stations. We had the cheers drink package and really enjoyed ordering whatever we wanted without worrying about the cost. Entertainment on board was great! Good shows in the main showroom and funny comedians, two of them. Wasn’t a big fan of Leticia, solo singer. Voice seemed to over power the ambiance. The casino was Smokey in areas but fun! We were premier guests and enjoyed Kyle and his crew with all the fun games and draws. I won $75 in one game when my playing card was pulled and I got to select an envelope to open. My wife’s name was drawn for a $400 prize but she was enjoying the balcony and couldn’t make it in time to collect her prize. Slot tournaments were fun as well as the BJ one. First cruise I ever finished up at. Only $300 but I’ll take it! Pool areas were fun, crowded but we just hopped in to cool off then jump in the outdoor shower. Water slide was fun, I enjoyed trying it. Lots of chairs could be found if you weren’t stuck on a particular area. I found good service at all the bars, staff was great. We really liked the itinerary, Keywest is vey fun and reminded us of a mini New Orleans. We did a hop on hop off trolley tour for $35 each, 90 min. Narrated. It was a great way to see things and hear the history. Next time we can go do something more specific. Leaving at 1pm made it a short stay, would love to hang out in Sloppy Joes and other bars longer. Cozumel is one of our favs and this time we booked an excursion privately with four other lovely people we met here on cruise critic. Tour was awesome, picked up in an air conditioned van and taken to a Tequelia farm, local bar, Coconuts bar and Tortuga Beach bar where we were fed free lunch (yummy tacos) and got to do some snorkeling for free. Very cool, was a 5 hour tour all over the island. Thanks to our tour organizer Cindy and Michael (NCL CIN) for including us and for our other new friends Tonya and Jill for being great passengers with us!! Tequelia farm is NOT to be missed and none of us were Tequelia fans prior to this. It tasted NOTHING LIKE the Tequelia we drink in North America. So tasty and smooth, no salt and lemon needed. Everyone bought a bottle Beiderbecke we left. Local bar was eye opening, 8 drinks and free apps, the bill was $25!! Coconuts was on the no hydro side of the island and well worth the trek. Drinks were pricey but bar and view was fantastic. All in all another great Carnival cruise, felt longer than four days!

Great Time on the Victory!

Carnival Victory Cruise Review by Coylie

All in all another great Carnival cruise, felt longer than four days!
Coylie’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Victory price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8F 8300
Loved it! Quiet and could see lots from the balcony.
Spa Deck Balcony Cabins