Golden Princess Cruise Review

Golden Princess Cruise Review by arnky

• Sail Date: Jul 2018
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

The cabin was fine and the balcony was very large. Everyone of the staff on the ship were fantastic. Very friendly and were willing to go out of their way to help in any way. princess employs great people.

The embarkation was crowded but moved quickly. No problems.

I gave an average rating because I was very disappointed in the in-room menu. I have been on other cruise ships and there was never an extra charge if you wanted eggs for breakfast or an appetizer before dinner. Princess offered a continental breakfast with not additional charge but eggs or bacon was an extra charge . We were going to be at sea for four days going into glacier bays and I wanted to sit on my balcony eat and enjoy the scenery but I did not want to pay extra do I went to the buffet.

There was not food service on the ship after 11:00. I am a night owl and it would have been nice to have a small snack or a cup of tea after 11:00.

The entertainment was good especially the comedian.

The excursions were good and there was an excursion desk to ask questions. Unfortunately one of our excursions was cancelled due to poor weather. They had notified the ship in the morning but we did not find out until we went to get on the excursion at 1:00. It did not give us a lot of time to book another excursion.

My main disappointment about the cruise was that they are advertised as bringing the Alaska culture on board. They mention that they bring on sled dogs. We were all upset to find out that they bring puppies on board for 35 min. basically for a photo op. I did not bother to go. My friend who was looking forward to this waited for an hour and then when the dogs showed no there was no order and you basically held a sleeping puppy for a few seconds while they took a picture. They did have the first women to win the Iditerod but we did not find out until the daily schedule was posted the night before and we had an excursion during that time.

Disembarkation was extremely fast and easy.

I will say that if you are going on a cruise to but jewelry or buy art, this is the cruise for you.

arnky's Full Rating Summary

Balcony

The entire crew was excellent!!!!

arnky