• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise
  • Deals
  • Excursions

Norwegian Jewel Review

Editor Rating
16 Awards

NCL pinching pennies and think we won't notice!

Review for Norwegian Jewel to Alaska
johnson6ofus
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Jul 2018
Cabin:

Ok, so let's start with the beverage policy. ZERO soft drinks OR EVEN bottled water in your cabin unless you buy it from them. And, they serve Pepsi----ugh! Come on. My cabin, I like a bottled water on my nightstand. Give me a break, more ways to nickel and dime me.

Cabin. OK, so I thought a previous poster was a "newbie" who didn't understand a small cabin bathroom. BUT--- no lie. On the Jewel, you have to sit side ways to use the toilet. Your knees cannot fit in front, in THREE of our FOUR cabins. Who came up with that as acceptable? Had to use public toilets as much as possible just to be able to sit. Ridiculous.

The nightstands have two open shelves, no drawers. Save $5 on the life of the table and inconvenience tons of guests. Same with cost cutting on shelves around the mirror and small built in cabin table. Both Princess and RCCL spend the extra few bucks to add shelves to store your stuff. NCL didn't. Again... they think we won't notice or won't compare that others have them and provide for guest comfort- even in a small cabin.

6 Helpful Votes