3. Scenic Opal
My friend suggested this cruise and it sounded wonderful. Overall it was! The dining staff really made the cruise worthwhile. They were friendly, extremely professional and hardworking. They really took the time to make sure you felt looked after. The Chef was excellent and important because I have a food allergy. The food was plentiful and there was a great variety. I felt the off ship tours were interesting but sometimes the bus trips to and from the ship seemed long. Our cruise Director was enthusiastic and informative but the many introductions of staff and crew went on too long. One introduction on the first day would have been enough. My favourite part was being on the ship and cruising on the river. It wasn’t always picturesque, especially through the industrial areas, but I still enjoyed the breeze and the sunshine on the top deck. On the second day, I put two blouses out for ironing only. Apparently, for the first time ever, laundry went missing. I had to ask several times, but I do believe they were doing their best to locate my tops. They were finally returned to me late on day 7 of an 8 day cruise. Laundry service was included but obviously we were hesitant to try it again. The much anticipated in room mini bar was a disappointment because it offered mostly alcohol. Very limited snack selection. Pringles and biscuits, and not every day. At this point, I’m not sure that I would travel with Scenic again, but I would definitely enjoy another river cruise.

Great Cruise but My Clothes Went Missing

Scenic Opal Cruise Review by Lundykuw

• Sail Date: July 2018
  • Destination: Europe

Lundykuw’s Full Rating Summary
Get Scenic Opal price drops

The cabin set up was great. It was very spacious and comfortable. Our window was dirty on arrival so I couldn’t take pictures at night. It was not cleaned for the duration of the cruise, even though I mentioned it to staff. On arrival, there was a hole in our bedspread that was changed after I pointed it out the next day. Small things, I know!