Sea Princess Cruise Review

Sea Princess Cruise Review by Bush1

• Sail Date: Jul 2018
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview

Not like any of the other 18 cruises we have done, 5 of which have been Princess. No glamour at sea at all with the huge population of Chinese guests onboard, it was more like a 2* experience. Formal night-we are dressed up marking the occasion, our Chinese table guests in shorts and t-shirts. Many guest unhappy that this was allowed in the formal dining rooms AND on formal night. Entertainment poor, guests getting on and off at different cruise ports, the cruise re-invented itself half way through our holiday, got on in Singapore, in Hong Kong our captains circle benefits were reset. This cruise had a very peculiar feel to it, unlike any other Princess cruise we have done. It’s rough round the edges, old, tired and nothing glamorous about it at all. If you are wanting a holiday of a lifetime this isn’t it. Embarkation was ok, disembarkation in Taipei was horrendous, totally chaotic, you’d think it was the first time they had done it. After 11pm, you want a cup of tea (a good one doesn’t exist on a cruise) you will have to be putting your hand in your pocket to pay. It’s now an accepted practice to pay for decent cups of tea/coffee at boutique coffee shops on board, not on my cruise itinerary it isn’t. Gratuities promptly removed so I could pay for my cuppa if need be-and they took my dual voltage travel kettle off me. Seems P&O are the only ones allowing a decent cuppa in your cabin without resorting to the foul stuff served in the packed buffet area, or you buy it. Best thing to note was the quietness of our cabin A207, though I have never sat on a toilet in a a cabin room where my nose had vertically touched the door. Don’t take the cat you’ll not be able to swing it.

Bush1's Full Rating Summary

Oceanview
Cabin OE A207

Bathroom incredibly small. No towels on embarkation but staff understandable very busy on this day. Tired from your travels when you get on the ship and want a shower-forget it.

Bush1