3. Carnival Victory
I chose this particular cruise because of the itinerary and the size of the ship. I have sailed on the Conquest twice and the Victory had almost the exact set up. I booked the Captains Suite because that is the Cabin I stayed in on the Conquest. The Victory is in beautiful shape. They truly upgraded her. She is clean with new carpets, paint, etc. However, what was excluded was the Steakhouse and that was a big mistake. The reason I didn’t give Victory 5 stars was the food in the MDR. I’m not a big foodie but when I have a dinner I don’t mind an upcharge if the dinner is worth it. I love lobster and I know it will be an upcharge but honestly I’ve eaten shrimp that were larger. And it tasted like hamburger grease. The shrimp cocktail was a joke. So my cruise mate and I decided to try the Seafood Shack and what an improvement. Yes we paid market value but boy was it ever worth it. When the food in buffet is better than the MDR well Carnival you have a problem with your food service. So back to the real review, the personnel couldn’t be more accommodating. Our suite was very clean and our room steward Hamid was great. I loved the slot machines and they loved me. Came away with around $400 cleared. Not a fortune but it was fun and that’s all it should be. The movie channels were good because one night my cruise mate was sick so we stayed in and watched movies. Both Key West and Cozumel were great ports to visit. Overall I loved it, you can’t go wrong you’re on vacation and on the ocean. As I stated before, Carnival has a great product but MDR is sadly lacking. I may try Norwegian next year just to see something different.

Carnival needs to up their food quality

Carnival Victory Cruise Review by pinkie60

pinkie60’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Victory price drops

Captain Suite
Cabin CS 9203
Great as always. The view and two bathrooms are worth it. I was on the Conquest in their Captain Suite twice and their balcony furniture was nicer. On the Conquest, there was a wicker table and chairs set, a wicker upright chair, and two wicker lounge chairs. The Victory only had 4 aluminum lawn chairs and 2 little tables. Just saying...
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins