Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review

Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review by flhokie

• Sail Date: Jul 2018
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Aquatheater Suite with Balcony - Deck 11 and above

We sailed for my parents' 50th wedding anniversary. There were 4 of us (parents, me and DD--age 7) in a 1 bedroom Aqua Theater Suite on deck 14. My father has limited mobility so he traveled using his electric scooter.

It was our first suite experience with Royal Caribbean and we were very impressed.

Embarkation was smooth and we were on the ship quickly.

The ship was outstanding! There was so much to do and the ship was in excellent condition. We'd sailed on Allure of the Seas previously and were very happy with the additions on Harmony.

The 1 bedroom Aqua Theater Suite was excellent. The living room was spacious and the sofa bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was very nice with 2 sinks, a shower and a tub. The walk in closet was huge. The balcony was not as big as lower decks, but was still huge. It had a great ocean view and a nice view of the Aqua Theater. There was a dining table with chairs and 2 lounge chairs. The only downside was the long walk to the cabin, but it really wasn't too bad of a walk.

We ate most meals in Coast Kitchen. The service and the food at Coastal Kitchen were outstanding! It was a nice atmosphere and the food was fresh and well prepared. We had a couple of breakfasts & lunch at Windjammer. It was nicer than Allure and I never felt crowded/overwhelmed like I did on Allure.

The Suite Lounge was a nice treat in the mornings and evenings (happy hour).

The entertainment was excellent. We especially liked "Columbus."

The water slide lines could get long, but we were able to get a lot of water slide time in first thing in the morning. A lot of the activities, like zipline, flow rider, The Ultimate Abyss, etc. surprisingly never had very long waits.

St. Maarten is still struggling with recovery from Irma. I know they need the tourist dollars to recover which is what made me feel so torn about the visit. We did a shore excursion through a separate vendor. Adjustments were made to the itinerary because of the healing that is still going on (that's how they refer to the recovery there). Marigot is definitely in much worse shape than Philipsburg. In general, there is still major destruction all over. I feel for the people as they still have a very long road ahead.

San Juan was in better shape than I expected. I know it's not as good outside the cities, but Old San Juan was great.

Labadee was a fun beach day! We did the water slide and roller coaster. The coaster was a cool experience, but we wouldn't do it again.

The locals in all the ports were so nice and really appreciated the tourism!

DD loved Adventure Ocean! They had a lot of kids, but did a great job with them!

The scooter allowed my father to see and do a lot more than he could ever have done without it, but it did provide some challenges. There were some large bumps on the gangway that made it difficult to navigate. Also, getting an elevator with enough space for the scooter could be challenging.

Overall the service was outstanding! We only had one negative crew member interaction the entire week which is amazing considering the number of crew members.

The only other negative thing was the temperature some of the public areas. The hallways, elevators and elevator lobbies were always very warm/hot. I don't recall it being nearly this bad on Allure.

We would definitely sail on Harmony again!

flhokie's Full Rating Summary

Aquatheater Suite with Balcony - Deck 11 and above
Cabin A4 14730

This one bedroom Aqua Theater Suite was excellent. There was plenty of room for all of us (3 adults and a child). The balcony was huge with a dining table/chairs, 2 loungers and a telescope.

The bathroom was large with shower, tub and 2 sinks and the walk in closet was huge.

The sofa bed was surprisingly comfortable.

The guide, buts and overall experience were great! The island is still recovering from Hurricane Irma which resulted in us not being able to visit Orient Beach (not enough facilities) and very few businesses open in Marigot. I'm still in shock at the level of destruction that is still evident throughout the island. Considering that, the tour was excellent and all the locals we encountered were so friendly and happy for the tourism.

View All undefined undefined Reviews
San Juan

Old San Juan was in better shape than I expected. The people were very friendly!

The wait for the roller coaster was an hour--in the hot sun. Both experiences were good overall.

View All undefined undefined Reviews