3. Norwegian Bliss
So here I am, an experienced cruiser, and I loved every cruise I’ve ever been on (about 15-18) and I usually go on royal, carnival and princess. All spectacular. I went on the Norwegian bliss and I am absolutely appalled and so absolutely furious at everything about this cruise. And I plan to post this everywhere I can in hopes people will see it so changes are made because everyone was so disappointed and kind of blown away at the lack of respect, preparedness, understanding and professionalism on this boat. I wanna tell everyone about my time on the Norwegian bliss leaving from Seattle going to 4 stops in Alaska and last one in Canada. I’m sorry if this is all over but I started in my notepad on day 1 with one bullet and made it to 10 by the last day and just chatting with other passengers seeing their agreeing with me on everything. So here it goes we had a party of 45 of us, with the group coordinated being someone that worked for Norwegian. She was a true monster, I will not say names but she bullied us and hung up on us constantly when she didn’t like a question we had and it was too much work for her, constantly asking if we could just find the e-mail rather than her open her computer up because it’s ‘too much’.. she would huff and puff on the phone.. gives no insight as to where we can get things done just would hang up the phone... we were all scared to say something because we were afraid she would sabotage our trip (yeah that bad) First day on, Was told as bartender was making my drink while I was tapping my card to music while bobbing my head, singing that tapping my card irritates him and that I will be *motions ‘your out’ signal* even tho I get it is irritating , I’m a bartender as well but who says that!!! I would NEVER tap my card in that kinda way but if someone does tell them nicely... anyway, that was the first hour on the boat. We got the drinking package, most bars we went to (the atrium, one on pool deck just to name a few) no one smiled or talked to us while getting drinks just pointed at us to get our order and really only talked to each other for the first day or two. After that they got very nice, I guess a lot of people complained because a lot of people were talking about rude service on the smoking deck... Now to smokers. SMOKERS HAVE NO RIGHTS. Was the motto of all the smokers the whole boat, not just my group. they only have two smoking sections... and one is a cigar lounge indoors with minimal ventilation so the room is hot boxed with cigarette smoke and it’s really not fair to anyone ,cigar smokers or cigarette smokers... the other deck is 17 which is a really nice adult outdoor lounge type thing first day was closed for a reserved event.. a wedding perhaps or a birthday but it was closed to everyone on the ship so everyone had to cram in this 10 chair cigar lounge as they never made the promised “announcement” over the speaker where the temporary smoking section would be. Also little pieces of black soot was flying from the smoke stacks and staining everyone’s white clothes on deck 17 .. people complained and they closed it down during dAy 4 or so to have it cleaned and they redirected us to deck 19 that time. There was not a time when the guest service deck was wrapped around the lounge, At the end of the trip, you had to go get your own luggage tags at desk because of the minimal time our room was made up. On the ship there are lights on your door with switches to indicate what you would like them to do with your room. They say ‘make up room, do not disturb’ and ‘at home’. In order to keep your lights on, you must insert card into a slot... automatically the ‘at home’ light will come on so they know not to make up your room. You also can not charge your electronics whenever, unless your seapass card is inserted in the slot so you may not charge electronics while you’re not in room because you need your seapass around the boat. You can’t keep lights on while you are not in the cabin which is fine, who cares. We were rarely ever in our room the whole time.. just to sleep and then come and go and being in 15 or so cruises we know they clean your room once if not twice a day, they cleaned our room 3 times the whole time(even with ‘makeup room’ sign indicated)... all 3 times leaving dirty cups, plates, old bottles in the room. Keeping trash on dresser just organizing it. Threw my stuffed animal and neck pillow in my dirty laundry pile on the floor. Now onto the elevators.... there are 12 on this whole boat. Front and back and none in the middle. Like I said, as an experienced cruiser, you know everyone uses the elevators. The stairs were completely crowded. By day 2-3 everyone completely gave up on trying to use to completely crowded elevators. Took 20 min to get an elevator and when you got one it was completely full. My elderly grandparents couldn’t walk up and down the stairs and were forced to because of the unbelievably long wait for elevators. So on the ship you need a reservation for everything, absolutely everything... silent disco, comedy club, broadway shows, laser tag, go carts, fine dining restaurants... everything was “booked up” the go karts had zero availability and there was never anyone on them ... same with shows. And out of every cruise this was the most expensive we paid for And they still nickel and dime you.. $8 for go karts $ for laser tag $ for some shows $ For painting. Seems as people made reservations then didn’t show so a lot of people didn’t get to do much. Luckily we walked past silent disco and just said screw it and walked in.. they let us in even though everyone said it was ‘booked but we can wait in standby’ the silent disco was trash. Fast songs were slowed down and slowed songs were sped up so everyone was dancin the same tempo.. which takes the fun out of silent disco. Also they stopped and made every dance to Macarena, Cupid shuffle, just overplayed dance music and you could not change the station. Let me start this paragraph positive, THE FOOD IS EXCELLENT!!! And there was that... one night while sitting in the manhattan, we got appetizers then took a couple bites of our apps and soups and ran up to go look at a glacier we were pAssing, we came back several minutes later to our food all gone, barely eaten. She brought us our food again but Was constantly taking unfinished drinks and rushing us onto our next order. There was no sAil away parties but that’s just a minuscule complaint aside to all the others... this cruise was dreadful, the vibe was absolutely terrible solely caused by the staff then traveled over to passengers. It had potential to be great (aside from the elevators) the rude wait staff, omelet makers in the morning, bartenders, security guard was just sad. I forgot my card at the bar and instead of a “you forgot your card” I got a “oh so you want to leave your card here... or you gonna take it???” Called out to me rudely as I walked away. Family was in the hot tub and I sat on a little soap box looking thing off the side of the hot tub to talk to them and there was no sign that said don’t sit and it wasn’t dangerous to sit there, looked like you can hang towels off it .. I’m not sure what it was used for exactly just a wooden box and I sat on it and instead of asking me to get off I got “you really think it’s a good idea to sit there? You think that’s safe.. they tell me when your not safe *points at camera* so get off” everyone of us just looked around at each other like what the hell just happened???? Sorry if this lacks punctuation but if I didn’t write it asap I would’ve never done it.

Cruise from hell