Silver Spirit Cruise Review

New Silver Sea Platfiorm with RCL?????

Silver Spirit Cruise Review by sak2156

• Sail Date: Jul 2018
  • Destination: the Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Silver Suite

Meeting with Hotel Director later this am. Very sad. Our friends who are with us usually go on Regent. 1st time on SS and because of this experience will not go back on SS.

Women`s restrooms on 4th Fl (outside of restaurants) and 7th Fl repeatedly disgusting, out of towels, etc. Female Japanese guest observed to be trying to clean restroom 4th Fl (outside of restaurants) herself!

Last night we went to Panarama Lounge 9:00pm after Dinner---NO STAFF! We had to go behind Bar and serve ourselves. Called Reception to complain and they say “ Panarama Staff are on Break from 8:30 -9:30pm! Why not stagger breaks but at least have some Staff present during anticipated times for use of Lounge (ie—after dinner)?

Much of 6th FL deck, incl our friend`s room very warm and could not get thermostat to cool off. Very uncomfortable throughout Cruise until just yesterday. Thermostat worked fine in our Suite, but problems with plumbing throughout cruise (continuous sounds of gurgeling coming from sinks and shower drains 24/7).

Another experience in Panarama Lounge---UNBELIEVABLE! All (4) of us go for drinks after dinner into the Panarama Lounge. We all order drinks and I requested a special Cognac. Debbie and our fiends get their drinks and the Waiter puts an empty Cognac glass in front of me and says that he is going to get the Cognac and return. 40 min later, Debbie and friends had finished their drinks. Same Waiter comes over and looks at my empty glass and asks if I would like another Cognac! We are all thinking this guy is trying to be funny and then realize that he was serious! I tell him that I never rec`d my 1st glass. He picks up my glass, puts his nose it and proceeds to smell 2x, and then puts my glass back on the table and says that he was sorry, starts to leave, and says that he will go and get the Cognac! We are all really SHOCKED witnessing this happen. I then stop him and demand that he get me a CLEAN GLASS! UNBELIEVAABLE!!!!!

Pool/Lido Deck Grill---Super Poor Svc and food not good. Lots of Staff simply standing around, talking to themselves, as if they are in training or don`t care. Guests flag down Staff for service quite often (we even had to get up out of our seats to get attention of Staff just standing around). Very poor Management overseeing these Guest Services on Pool/Lido Deck.

Overall food definitely gone downhill—quality and selections in La Terraza Lunch and Dinner not as good as before.

Entertainment was very poor---although we do not usually go to many Shows anyways.

Alantide—Formal Night—I forgot to bring ties on Cruise. I had Black Dress Shirt, Black Slacks, looked nice, but no tie. Several people were in line checking in. Instead of pulling me aside and quietly/politely advising me that I needed a tie to come in and eat, Maitra`d proceeds to advise me in a LOUD voice . . . I pulled him aside and told him that I understood the policy and respected that what he was saying but was critical about the way the message was delivered. He really did not care. I then asked if Debbie and our guests could please be seated and that I would try to go find a tie and return. Despite being advised of Debbie`s impaired vision and us needing a well lighted table, he proceeds to sit us in a knowing dark unacceptable table. I remind him of Debbie`s impaired vision and ask if we could please be seated at more well lighted table. He gets frustrated, says “sit wherever you want” and walks away!

sak2156's Full Rating Summary

Silver Suite
Cabin SL 1006

Older Silver Suites are larger than new ones. Older ones missing many plugs. Dark, but spacious. Nice overall Suite.

sak2156