Pacific Jewel Cruise Review

Food & Wine

Pacific Jewel Cruise Review by Cats 1

• Sail Date: May 2018
  • Destination: the South Pacific

I took 18 elderly(70 up to 98) folk on the 4 day cruise as a real treat from our club. We choose the one that just went to sea as a lot had no passports and most importantly once on board it was safer than going to ports as 4 were on walkers.

I found the staff were so helpful and pleasant BUT the ship was terrible.

1.No toilets on reception floor 5 th deck.

2.Shampoo ect in cabin were in big containers and some folk could not handle using them.

3.The food in the Waterfront restaurant was not pleasant mostly pasta last night I purchased a nice steak for dinner out of desparation.

The selection (3) of food on the menu I felt was poor.

4.The plantation room food set up was terrible it was risky for the elderly as it is set up like a food stall area and you have to move from one to another to see selection and then stand in line to be served with children running around and folk dropping food fighting for this and that it is the worst I have ever seen. They only had one area to get it from. All other ships I have been on have had 2 smorgesboard areas to get your food from. By the time you got your food it was cold but the time you got back. I saw not trays either to carry your lunch back on and one place for utentsils.

5. There was no fresh fruit ie apples ,bananas .watermelon ect ect at all on board.

I got the feeling this is a training ship as it was shabby rust appearing in places the showers ect. Though it was a great experiance for the folk that went I advise elderly to check the ships out before they go on and the Jewel give it a wide berth.

P.S. Entertainment was wonderfull until the last night when a comedian it was the most disgusting performance of filth I have had to endure on any cruise I have been on the the ladies did not like it one bit the F & C words plus all the others and many groups of folk got up and left which he ridiculed it was the most discusting show I have ever had to sit through. God knows what the comedy cruise is like and glad we weren't on it.

Cats 1's Full Rating Summary