3. Norwegian Bliss
The Germans built one heck of a boat! I noticed the fit and finish along with quality of fixtures immediately. My 99' solo cabin was a work of art! Loved it, especially the Port TV monitor and the bridge cam on regular TV gives you a great live view all the time. I found many places on board where I was the only one there. The Cavern club outside bar had about 10 seats, I rarely saw more than a couple of people there. Waterfront walkway had tons of great seating looking out to sea. Never crowded. The Hot Tubs would have been nice, but I'm not a fan of taking intimate baths with total strangers...... Music was sort of hit or miss. I thought the Beatles should have lip synced......my $100 bluetooth speaker had more punch then their live band! Jersey Boys was OK, sort of rambling with a lot of really useless lines. Havana had some nice looking people, but again so so music. Wasn't expecting top of the line Vegas shows and the price was right, free! Crowding and lack of access to specialty restaurants - I had no problem getting in Cagney's, Le Bistro and Luciano. The key is flexible time choice. I opted for 8:30 and 9:00 and was wisked right in for pretty good food. I even just dropped by Teppanaki and had no problem getting a table seat in prime time. One of the best places was Food Republic. Great sushi and innovative other small dishes. It was A La Carte but averaged $22/meal and none for alcohol since I had the beverage card. Never crowded at any time I went which was varied. I took the Helicopter tour to the Mead Glacier in Skagway. I booked Temsco Helicopters directly and saved $50 plus got to pick a reasonable time. Since we didn't get to see the glaciers from the ship that was a good choice. I was on the bow in the drizzle with probably 150 others when they tried to go up the channel but turned back. They had deployed a small jet boat with a guy who was pushing mini icebergs out of the way with a pole but still no go. I did meet one of the staff captains in a hallway and he gave me a private tour of the bridge. Really interesting and impressive to this South Florida Boat captain. He mentioned they can't risk dinging the props on the Azimuth POD drives. In summary I'll probably do a smaller ship although the solo cabins are compelling. Even if you have several people they have some with connecting doors that gives you great space and privacy plus more bathroom. I could see the crowding would be a lot worse in the Caribbean in hot weather. Pools aren't that big, deck space/chairs not that adequate if everybody wanted to be outside. All in all good value for the money and a really interesting sea passage to Alaska.

Enjoyable Cruise on a Gorgeous Ship!

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review by tomgtv

• Sail Date: July 2018
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Studio Stateroom

tomgtv’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Bliss price drops

Studio Stateroom
Cabin T8 10539
Great cabin. Think efficient use of space like a Tiny House except that it's moving!
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins