3. Norwegian Sun
I thought the cruise ship itself was a disappointment from start to finish. I went on this holiday with my mum and dad who were also appalled with the ship. Boarding the ship we were never told about the previous sickness that they had had on board so as you can imagine it was horrific, floors 6 and 7 stank of sick and the food was horrible - I and my parents hardly ate. If we had been told previously about this sickness and diarrhoea on board then we would have cancelled and rebooked however we were never given that opportunity even thought they’d had it a week before we were due to set sail. Instead they informed us after we had set sail. We even signed the standard declaration that we were fit and healthy when we embarked - pity they didn’t do the same! NCL put our health at risk as both me and my father have to take oral medications. During the cruise whilst sitting outside trying to relax we were met with very loud noises of drills and banging about, not exactly what you expect when on holiday given the money we paid for it. We were not again informed about any maintenance work taking place before booking the trip. These were refurbishments which should have been carried out in dry dock, not when people are trying to enjoy their holiday. We were also appalled with the organisation of the ships dining rooms. Most evenings we had to wait for a table and were given a pager there was normally a wait of between 20 to 30 minutes. Obviously everything had to be sanitised due to the Norovirus on board so this may have added to the wait. In the dining room we were seated amongst buckets of disinfectant and treated to the view of staff walking past in hazard gear like something from Ghostbusters! A lot of the staff were disinterested - there seemed a lack of leadership. The Captain was conspicuous by his absence. We were served different dishes to what we had ordered and we became utterly tired of complaining - they wore us down. On the last two nights they ran out of red wine even though the ship had sailed through some of the world’s greatest wine producing countries. When we got home my parents complained formally to NCL and they immediately offered us £500.00 per person off another one of their cruises. To be honest, I don’t trust the company and would never want to cruise with them again. We have been on many cruises but this was our first with NCL.

The nightmare holiday aboard the Norwegian sun

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by Abbie111

• Sail Date: February 2018
  • Destination: South America
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Balcony

Abbie111’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Sun price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony
Cabin BA 0036
Cabin had plenty of storage but was in need of refurbishment. Cabin maid was polite and did a good job.
Norway Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins