3. MSC Magnifica
Well usually I am not very fussy. I have sailed with celebrity and RC previously and had a great time. This is my first time on MSC. Well where can I start.The dinning experience was horrendous and I have stopped using the main dinning hall and opted for the the buffett choice restaurant instead. The food is not edible and tasteless despite the head chef been english supposedly., the service was worse at the main dining hall.Thin wafer silrloin steaks served with jacked Porte in thin foil. It was dry as hell and tasteless even though it was ordered to medium rare taste. Now I believe all the past horrendous reviews I have been reading about MCS bad dinning experience.the ports of call were great as we were on Norwegians fjords trip. Well I will not be sailing with MSC ever again. poor food, poor service and very poor entertainment. The shows last 30 minutes and that is it. if you are a party animal and into cheap drinks and don’t care about the quality of food and service you are served then maybe MSc is for you. I am sorry that I had to be harsh but this what I feel like. Mind you it was cheap and that was the catc. You can’t venture to front of the ship , back of the ship and deck 16 as it always booked for private sessions I find this crazy as I have never seen this on other cruise liners. We did our own things in terms of excursions as they easily accessible at half the price. Loved Norway.

10 day north Europe and Norway

haggis1’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Magnifica price drops

Balcony Stateroom – Fantastica
Cabin B2 11067
It was clean and adequate.
Portovenere Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Alesund
    Booth hop and hop off ticket, only 8 stops that needed at the aquarium which I have visited and spent few hours,
    At. it is biggest aquarium in Western Europe. Climbed the famous 418 steps to fjellstua hill. A painful climb but worth the effort, the price is beautiful hill top with a view point to die for. Very lucky with weather.
    View All 203 Alesund Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Alesund Cruise Port Review
  • Bergen
    Walked the city centre and to the fish market,I had a sea food meal and then walked to catch the funicular ride to Floyen hill, beautiful view point from the top. Bought only one way ticket as I walked down the hill through the picturesque forest. no expensive excursion Fromm the cruise ship the only cost was the meal and ride to Floyen hill which was 50 Norwegian krona. Don’t bother changing money as I have used my nationwide debit card to pay for every thing.
    View All 638 Bergen Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Bergen Cruise Port Review
  • Olden
    The most beautiful of all the ports of call. Again did my own thing and took the shuttle bus to visit the brims day glacier. It was a great with great picturesque views. The hike to glacier and back is about 6 km and it is not for the faint hearted.you can pay to use the trollies if you are unable to walk or find the the climb daunting. Oldies is totally walkable and no need for excursions.
    View All 157 Olden Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Olden Cruise Port Review
  • Stavanger
    Beautifull place to visit and venture on your own., booked a cruise with Rodney cruises to lyesfjord. It is lesss than five minutes walk from where the cruise ship is docked and it less than half price.ventured into two and visited the cathedral.
    View All 273 Stavanger Cruise Port Reviews