• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise
  • Deals
  • Excursions

Golden Princess Review

Editor Rating
1 Award

Not to trust if you have food allergies. They are going to kill somebody one day

Review for Golden Princess to Alaska
madalid
First Time Cruiser • Age 50s

Sail Date: Jun 2018
Cabin: Balcony
Traveled with children
My daughter under allergic reaction  treatment at the medical centre
My daughters allergic reaction on the skin

We chose this cruise and no other, because Princess is the only company that goes inside the Glacier Bay National Park. We traveled in two cabins. Cabin L308 for my husband and myself, and stateroom P222 for my two daughters, Natalia and Cristina, with severe dairy allergy.

Before hand, I checked Allergy eats, Trip advisor and many travel webs to make sure that they knew how to accommodate allergies. The general impression was that they were capable. We called them in advance and checked with them, both in writing and on the phone. They assured us that they had experience with food allergies.

As soon as we set foot on the vessel, we had to talk to the Maitre D’, Mr. Beppe, who, without paying much attention to us, recommended a fixed table and a fixed waiter for the whole Trip. We agreed to it.

Balcony

Cabin BC

The cabin was nice. Small but comfortable. The pillow and the duvet were excellent. The balcony, a pleasure.

Port Reviews

Anchorage

Already described in the text

Glacier Bay

Nice view.

Ketchikan

It was cancelled because of the weather

Vancouver

Already described in the main text

As an update. We have received the check for the medical expenses and written apologies from the company. They promise to take care of the gaps in their formation. That speaks well of them. Let's hope that they really do it.

1 Helpful Vote