3. Celebrity Eclipse
We just came back from the the July 1st sailing of Celebrity Eclipse to the Baltic Sea and I must say, we had a great time. The boat was beautiful, food delicious and plentiful and the itinerary was amazing. We booked two day tour with late night add on for St Petersburg through SPB tours and our guide Max was amazing!! The remainder of the cities we toured on our own, using Celebrity shuttle, public transport or just walking! We used tour books we borrowed from the library and just followed walking tours or took public transport to see what we wanted to see. In Copenhagen, we spent the day at Tivoli Gardens, which is a 175 year old amusement park and the perfect way to end our trip. Everyone spoke English, and while we had some Euros and Rubles, a credit card worked everywhere we went. We were really fortunate to have sunny weather everywhere except St Petersburg, but we were told it rains most of the summer anyway. This was our 7th cruise and our first with Celebrity. I do enjoy their "modern luxury " attitude, doing away with dancing waiters and such. In agreeing with other reviewers, they do try to upsell specialty restaurants, but a simple "no thank you" did the trick. While they have separate restaurants for aqua class and concierge class, they are out of the way and you do not feel as if you are missing anything. I don't really understand why so many passengers prefer to be separate by choosing these classes, if you feel that why, why would you choose to vacation with 3000 other people?? I only have 2 minor complaints. One, family swim time in indoor pool was scheduled from 6-8 pm which is the same time as early dinner. The Baltics can be chilly and on sea days, it would have been nice to have some pool time with the kids. We chose not to miss dinner to take advantage of this. Second, we missed the comedians that we have seen on other cruiselines, especially the family shows. Neither of these would keep me away. We will surely travel with Celebrity again.

Cruising the Baltics with Tweens

cruisewithtweens’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Eclipse price drops

Deluxe Veranda
Cabin 1A 9270
Room was clean and pretty much the same as any other cruise I have been on. All cruiselines should try and figure out a way to get more storage into the rooms and a place to hang some light laundry on a 12 day cruise.
Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins