Carnival Miracle Cruise Review

Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by mmclaughlin01

• Sail Date: Jul 2018
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Vista Suite

We chose this cruise based on the port that it left out of, the dates, and the ports visited. If it wasn't for the ports we visited this cruise would have been highly disappointing. We basically used the cruise as a means of transportation to the places we wanted to visited. Embarkation went fairly smooth, but was delayed due to a wedding taking place before anybody could get on board. We were suite guests and had purchased faster to the fun as well, so were allowed to go to our room right away. We were in room 6260 which is a corner aft room with a wrap around deck. The room was large, with tons of storage, and a really great deck! Our room steward was also phenomenal. There was some significant shaking/rattling...like if a door, or closet door, wasn't closed completely it rattled a ton. The bed shook a LOT. This didn't bother us, but I could see if you were a light sleeper this could be super annoying. The muster drill took forever, was outside, and we were required to stand shoulder to shoulder in the heat for way longer than any other muster drill we've had to do. The common spaces, pool deck, and other ship areas were dated but fine and met our needs.

The lido deck was an absolute disaster every single time we tried to eat there. There was never any food out and available. The lines were very long. I wanted a grilled cheese for lunch one day from the deli and waited 25 minutes. I wanted chicken fingers from the buffet another day and they were not ready. Tried the day after, and still not available. Because the food that people wanted wasn't readily available they would just wait until it was cooked, further backing up the lines. There were various food stations on the lido deck and there wasn't just one line you were waiting in, but typically two or three different lines. By the time you actually got the food you wanted, half of your food was cold. It was a very strange setup, and unlike anything I've seen before on a cruise ship.

We did the anytime dining option for dinner and were pleasantly surprised that we never had to wait to be seated, and always got a great table for two. The service in the dining room was fairly good. However, the food was horrendous. Nearly inedible. My husband got mussels one night and 4 out of 8 of them were dead. The grilled chicken I got one night was boiled and disgusting. The vegetables served with every single meal were unseasoned and dry. I'm talking about carrots that were so dry they were white. No butter, no salt, no pepper. The food was extremely unimaginative. Like worse than food you get in the hospital. We did dine in the steakhouse one night and the food there was okay, but definitely not memorable. I was also surprised that the steakhouse was not more closed off from the pool/waterslide area. We would be eating and children would be running through the steakhouse soaking wet, barefoot, and with ice creams in hand. I ordered a cappuccino to have with dessert one night, we received our desserts, ate them, waited an additional 10 minutes and still no cappuccino, so we just got up to leave. Our server said- don't you want your coffee? Ya- I wanted it with my dessert 25 minutes ago...

The cruise director Frankie was excellent. He was super funny and we attended a few things that he put on. The other entertainment on the ship was highly lacking. The main stage productions were downright terrible. We turned around to see the look on other people's faces during the 1st night production and everyone clearly felt the same way. People were getting up and leaving about 10 minutes into it. The comedy was decent, and there was some really good acoustic music on board. We also played bingo a few times which was fun.

We purchased the highest level internet package because we needed it for work, and it was completely unusable. Like couldn't read a single email because it wouldn't download. We were supposed to be able to use Skype, and definitely couldn't. Tried to use it all over the ship and it didn't work at all. Tried to post a single picture to Facebook and couldn't.

We booked all of our excursions outside of the ship and if it wasn't for the beautiful places we visited and the wonderful people we met in Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, and Grand Cayman we would have been so disappointed.

Overall, I will not be sailing Carnival again.

mmclaughlin01's Full Rating Summary