3. Adventure of the Seas
This was our second Royal Caribbean cruise and we had a great time. We have mostly done Carinval cruises. I was bit worried about the past reviews about sailing out of San Juan and the rudeness of the Puerto Ricans on the ship. My husband and I did not experience any problems but the couple we traveled with did. The problems were minor (ie: buffet line jumping and pushing). I would say that at least 1/3 of the cruisers were from Puerto Rico. I found most of them to be friendly and courteous. I would probably not sail out of San Juan again because we found it to be quite pricey. We stayed at the Embassy Suites and it was a bargain compared to other hotels in the area. It was very nice and well appointed. We boarded the ship at noon even though our Royal Caribbean documents said to not board until two hours before sailing. We had no problem with embarkation (although the line was long, it moved pretty quick). I will not get too wordy about all the details of our week, but I can sum up our cruise experience by saying that the ship is beautiful, the staff was wonderful and the food was pretty good. Our cruise director Chris was just great, the entertainment was top notch (best we have ever seen on a cruise) and make sure you go to the QUEST game-absolute riot!!! This is a BIG ship so expect the buffet lines to be a bit crowded and grab a pool chair early as they fill up quickly! I would also say that the average age on this cruise was 50! There were not many children at all, so if you are looking for a younger crowd, this is probably not the ship for you. The only negative thing I would have to say is that there was one port I would ABSOLUTELY never visit again but you can read that in my port reviews. Overall, it was a wonderful experience!

Nice cruise on a beautiful ship

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by emutennis

emutennis’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas price drops

Our cabin was nice (we had an inside). It was a little dated but the beds were comfy. The shower is SMALL!!
  Adventure of the Seas Deck Plans

• Aruba
    We decided to go on the Jolly Pirates excursion which we booked on our own and not thru Royal Caribbean. We got a better price and lunch was included. I have to say that this was one of the best excursions we took! The snorkeling was awesome and the rope swing was a blast! This is not an excursion for families-lots of free flowing booze. The lunch was good and the staff was just great! We took the bus (which is directly across the street from the port) to Moomba beach. It was 1.20 per person each way and it was easy! Did a little shopping when we got back. Very nice and pretty island!
    View All 1,635 Aruba Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Aruba Cruise Port Review
  • Curacao
    We sent our hubbies off to Blue Bay Golf Course to golf (it was $160.00 which included rented clubs and a cart for 18 holes). The guys loved the golfing and said it was a bit dry and patchy in some areas but overall a challenging and beautiful course. My friend and I went shopping for the day. This was one of my favorite islands. It is just beautiful and so indicative of what a caribbean island should look like! It is refreshingly new, clean and gorgeous. All the brightly colored buildings made you want to kick back and stay! You get right off the port and you are immediately in a nice shopping area! You will truly enjoy the ambiance of Curacao (pronounced Cura saw)!!
    View All 1,242 Curacao Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Curacao Cruise Port Review
  • Dominica
    We decided to take Levi's Bumpiing tour which is a visit to the rain forest. We were met by Gary and he spent about 4 1/2 hours with us. I have no complaints about this tour-it was very nice. We went to the waterfalls, the natural pools and learned a lot about the island. Now the NEGATIVE part...this is the most disgusting, dirty and poverty stricken place I have ever encountered!! There are obviously a huge amount of unemployed people that live on the island because they are hanging out everywhere. There are run down shacks, rusted out cars and dirty beaches. At one point, Gary made a stop where there were locals selling their goods. I had a package of cereal with me that I promptly fed to s starving dog! You see starving dogs everywhere-it is very disheartening. I left this island feeling sad and depressed-not exactly how I want to feel on my vacation! After returning home, my husband just read in our newspaper that a young female cruiser was murdered on this island by a local just a few weeks ago. I guess maybe the cruise ships may want to re-think this island as a stop! I NEVER want to visit this place again!
    View All 699 Dominica Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Dominica Cruise Port Review
  • St. Thomas
    We started off by taking a taxi to Main Street to do some shopping. Everyone says this is the best island to get great prices on jewelry! Every store on Main street is a JEWELRY STORE!! We left Main street and took a cab to Coki Beach! It was $9 per person each way. At first, the area looks a bit sketchy, but once you get on the beach-WOW! We rented chairs for $5.00 each and rented one pair of snorkels at $5.00 and took turns using them. When you are looking at the water, you want to snorkel to the right side of the beach. The fish are ABUNDANT and the water is gorgeous! We were served by a waitress and had a nice lunch. We basically kicked back and enjoyed the beach for the day! This was a wonderful day!
    View All 4,647 St. Thomas Cruise Port Reviews