3. Enchantment of the Seas
This was the second cruise for my wife and I, first one with my 10 year old son. First time on Royal Caribbean. 3 night Bahamas cruise out of Port Canaveral. Embarkation was very easy. We arrived around 1:00 and were on board the ship quickly. (I think it helped that we were in a junior suite that had a shorter line- the other security line looked longer but seemed to be moving pretty well). The service throughout the ship was excellent, particularly in the main dining room. After I ordered my first drink I never ordered it again (including the following nights). It just kept magically reappearing every time it was about to go empty. The food in the main dining room was also very good (breakfast and dinner, didn't eat lunch there). For breakfast they had a buffet in the main dining room with some of the mediocre items from the Windjammer, but if you ordered off the menu the food was better. The Windjammer breakfast was pretty bad with the exception of the omelette station. Everything else we tried- waffles, french toast, etc.- just wasn't very good. Lunch at Windjammer was better. But I don't know why anyone would choose to eat dinner at Windjammer over the main dining room unless they had some sort of scheduling issue. Food in the main dining room was much better. Drink package was well worth it- in fact, probably necessary if you really plan on getting your drink on, because most of the bartenders were careful to only pour a "regular" amount of booze into a drink. The drink of the day on the first day (Starboard Madras) was excellent. I had several. If I didn't have the drink package I think my bar tab would have been at least $100 per day... Entertainment was mostly good with the exception of the production show ("Can't Stop the Rock"). The theme of the show was music from the movies, but the selections were often puzzling. It had its good moments (a fantastic rendition of "I Will Always Love You," a song I don't even really like), but more often than now my wife and I would exchange baffled looks. For a show about music in the movies they seemed to go out of their way to avoid music from actual musicals. Instead they use... the Matrix?? It was a shame, because the musicians, singers and dancers were quite good. The comedian and the juggler (yes, the juggler) were great. There were a lot of fun activities like trivia contests and bingo (it helped that I won $300 playing bingo!). Karaoke was also a good time. Every day there was some sort of dance party where they would get people line dancing to the same songs. It was a little creepy. I think they were trying to brainwash people. Anyway, there were a lot of fun activities throughout the ship. The parade of flags was definitely a highlight. If you're going on a RC cruise be sure to get to the venue early and grab a good seat for this. My wife didn't understand why I was so insistent on seeing this, but afterward she got it. It's entertaining and fun. Had a good time in the casino. Mostly played roulette & video poker. Came out a little behind, but still had a good time. The casino bar was nice and lively at night. Nassau was fine. We were going to do Aquaventure but were wary of crowds and potentially bad weather, so we did the Discover Nassau Land and Sea Tour. The "Sea" portion (involving a catamaran tour around the area) was enjoyable. The tour guide was funny and the "rum" punch was flowing (for some reason they were actually pouring Johnny Walker Black into the punch instead of rum). The "Land" portion was fine. Some interesting facts about the town and country, a few sights, and you end up at Atlantis so you can say you've been to Atlantis. Note: we booked this directly through the vendor (Seahorse Sailing) and it was WAY cheaper than the rate offered through the ship. Coco Cay was another highlight. The beach is amazing. We had a great time snorkeling (we brought our own equipment for that). We rented beach loungers for the day and didn't use them because they weren't in a convenient location and there was tons of seating everywhere. Lunch was pretty good (mostly BBQ stuff). The Coco Loco drink was pretty tasty. We bought tickets for my son to use the Aqua Park, but I'm not sure he really enjoyed it that much. Even as a 10 year old it was hard for him to get up on to some of the elements, and being in slightly deeper water I think it took a lot of effort to get from one thing to the next. The ticket allows you entry into the park for 50 minutes but at the 45 minute mark he decided he was done. We had a much better time snorkeling. Disembarkation was also easy. We had to catch an early flight so we didn't leave our luggage out, just used the self-disembarkation procedure. There was a pretty long line to get off but it moved pretty quickly. Going through customs seemed strangely easy. No forms to declare what we bought, etc. We just walked right off the boat... Overall it was a great experience that I'd be happy to repeat in the near future!

Great service, good times!

Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by fac429

• Sail Date: July 2018
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Junior Suite

fac429’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas price drops

Junior Suite
Cabin J3 8672
Cabin was spacious with a large aft balcony (though the door to the balcony was really hard to lock- you had to push the door closed REALLY hard while simultaneously turning door handle). Cabinets looked a bit worn but there a fair amount of space for storage (at least for the relatively short cruise we took). Bed was comfy enough. Bathroom was fine.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Aqua Park
    Coco Cay was amazing. Brought our own snorkel gear, which was my favorite part. Beach lounger turned out to be unnecessary. Aqua park was a little too challenging for a 10 year old. Beautiful beach, great atmosphere, occasional iguanas.
    View All 30 Aqua Park Reviews
  • Island Tour
    We did the Discover Nassau Land and Sea tour. Boat portion of the trip was very enjoyable. Saw a lot of cool houses along the coast & some really cool fish & turtles. Tour guide on boat was very funny & rum punch was good (the two may be related). The land portion wasn't quite as exciting, but it was interesting to see the town and hear about some of the history.
    View All 298 Island Tour Reviews