3. Viking Vilhjalm
This was our second Viking river cruise. There were so many wonderful things about it. Unfortunately, two things interferes with my being able to give it a better rating. Just like on our previous voyage, we paid extra for a veranda room. We enjoy having time outdoors with just the two of us. During at least four of the days of our cruise we were double or triple docked, which means another ship was adjoined to our boat. We could not only see directly into the room of the adjoining ship, but they could see into ours making the veranda unusable. It blotted out the light as well and turned our room into a dark cave. We had to pull the drapes for privacy. I feel that we should have been given a disclosure by Viking telling us this would happen. I also think they could adjust schedules so there weren’t so many ships in port at the same time so this didn’t need to happen. It ruined and put a negative spin on the whole trip. This never happened when we did a Viking cruise on the Rhine. Also, the food on this cruise was not as good as the one on the Rhine. However, the cruise was lovely and the staff was excellent. I emailed Viking five days ago and have yet to get a response.

Think twice before paying extra for a veranda or French balcony

Viking Vilhjalm Cruise Review by cynadav

• Sail Date: July 2018
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Stateroom

This never happened when we did a Viking cruise on the Rhine.

Also, the food on this cruise was not as good as the one on the Rhine.

However, the cruise was lovely and the staff was excellent.

I emailed Viking five days ago and have yet to get a response.
cynadav’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Vilhjalm price drops

Veranda Stateroom
Cabin B 227
Nice cabin, comfortable bed. Great bathroom and shower. The only problem is with the veranda that I discussed above.
Middle Deck Balcony Cabins