3. Oasis of the Seas
I chose this cruise to give Royal Caribbean a try since my last Carnival Cruise was so bad. Royal Caribbean does cost quite a bit more than Carnival so I did expect better food and better service and or amenities than I would expect on Carnival. Royal Caribbean service on this cruise was not as good as Carnival and neither was the food in spite of the fact that I paid for premium dining 3 or the 7 dinners I had. I will provide the "skinny" on how it went start to finish in this review on the Oasis of the Seas. Embarkation: Was much like getting on an Airplane, usual TSA (sorta) security harassment. Who wants to do that while on vacation? It is what it is I guess of course they Royal Caribbean doesn't want you to take anything on board that they can sell you at a very inflated price on the boat...that is really the issue at security and this is true of all cruise lines. Activities: Sea Days, the pools are overcrowded and mostly unusable so makes for a boring day. The Oasis of the Seas is a very nice ship and well laid out and didn't seem overcrowded unless you wanted to go to..hmmmm.....say the pool for instance....since its summer and you are on vacation...well good luck with that....it will be over crowded as well as flow rider, zip line and pretty much anything that would resemble vacation on the ship so you will be left with either spending more money while shopping or play a board game...something like that. The constant pull on the wallet was evident and very "in your face" as you look at price list for anything. For example, it was three of us that went on this cruise and the total in addition to the cost of the cruise itself was an extra 3200 dollars and none of us were extravagant in what we did. The 3200 covered shore excursions for the three of us, drink package, internet, gratuity and buying an occasional beer. Entertainment: The cruise director on the Oasis of The Seas seemed to be an after thought....I couldn't tell you who he was...I did see him some and he was entertaining, but was not a central figure in this cruise experience unlike the 3 other cruises. I liked the cruise director being more involved in entertaining Food: Was average to bad especially for what you are paying for. Royal Carribean appears to want to get out of the all inclusive food business for cruisers because they have more venues that require extra money than the included ones. They do have to feed like 5200 passengers so if you think you will get gourmet food think again...it will not be all that great. We ate 3 of the 7 dinners at one of the premium dining venues (different one each time, Giovanni's Table, Chops Grill and Sabor) and honestly none of them were good either and my last Carnival Cruise dinners were better and they were included at no extra charge. After this cruise I have concluded that cruising is not all that special anymore, not like anyone is really treating you great and feeding you great food. Service: In a word, lackluster, most of the crew seemed miserable and obviously hated their jobs. Most of the encounters I had with the crew were not positive at all, they were not particularly friendly probably because they were not thrilled to be there. Debarkation: Flawlessly executed, smoothest I have ever seen, absolutely no issues with how that went, hats off to Royal Caribbean. Good Job on the debarkation, was off the boat by 845 am. Bottom Line: The ship was nice, clean and well laid out. The food and service provided on the Oasis of the Seas was not worth the money it cost and in my opinion was not a good value. If I had spent half as much for this cruise I would feel much better about it, it was very lackluster for a premium price, nothing special about Royal Caribbean, just a fact, at least our my case.

Simply not a good value for vacation dollars

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by brisc77

brisc77’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 13 to 15
Get Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 2D 12272
The cabin was nice but small, balcony was nice.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins