3. Britannia
We decided to go on the Britannia to celebrate a 30th Birthday. We didn’t know what to expect because we heard that the entertainment on board was more focused on older people, we have been with Disney many times besides the fact of me being an entertainer and performer for disneyworld and Disney Cruise Line for 8 years. Also, we have cruised with Royal Caribbean and we knew we wouldn’t find a climbing wall, a flow rider or ice skating on this ship but the reality is that we really wanted to cruise on the beautiful and famous Britannia, so we gave it a try. To start with, the ship is one of the most elegant ones I’ve ever seen, the deco and furniture are just fantastic so I couldn’t stop loving it since I got on board. Obviously when you have been on other cruise ships it’s hard not to compare one with the other ones, so I decided to compare it with a different ship that also leaves from Southampton, in this case I compared my experience with the Navigator of the Seas by Royal Caribbean. This is very difficult because both ships are very different in many ways but I liked more some things about the Britannia and I liked more other things about the Navigator. Let’s start with the dining experience. -The differences I saw between the Britannia and The Navigator are more positive for the Navigator. Even when the food is really good on the Britannia and with menus made by celebrity chefs, I will stay with the great hospitality from the servers on the Navigator, which to me makes my dining experience more pleasant. The Buffet in the upstairs restaurant on the Britannia was very limited and with a very poor variety, curry based everyday. In the other hand the buffet on the Navigator was fantastic and with a great variety of dishes everyday. Something I have to give to the Britannia is the late night Buffet open until 2am, that was great I have to say. The Navigator doesn’t have any of this which is a shame to be honest. Drinks and Bars -Even when the bars and venues are so much better on the Britannia in many ways, the lack of a drinking package makes me prefer the Navigator once again. The prices of alcohol on the Britannia are pretty decent but I still prefer the drinking package which makes your cruise experience even better. The internet -Wow the internet, I haven’t seen such a terrible internet since 1999. The internet on the Britannia is expensive and incredibly bad. Royal Caribbean uses a company that offers the latest, fastest internet at sea (VOOM) and even when its very expensive, it’s worth every penny. I couldn’t work at sea because the terrible internet would even open my email account. The shops -This time I am going to give it to the Britannia because the shops are actually really good, not expensive at all and the merchandise staff are friendly and not pushy. The Gymnasium -Fantastic equipment, location and venue. The entertainment in your room. -For the very first time in my cruising life I actually wanted to be in my room and watch TV without using my own shows or movies I have in my iPad because normally TV in your cabin on other cruise lines is boring and repetitive. The room entertainment on the Britannia is fantastic in every single way. Great job! The Entertainment on Board. -Well, this part is my favourite and absolutely one of the main reasons I want to come back to the Britannia again. As I mentioned from the beginning, my expectations about the entertainment were very low, because I knew the ship didn’t have as many attractions as the Navigator or The Independence of The Seas but I will tell you that the program and the entertainers on board make you forget about all that. To start with, the shows on board are original and fantastic, with the latest technology and production in the theatre and one of the best talented casts I’ve ever seen. All the shows are 5 stars but definitely my favourite ones are “ASTONISHING” and “The Sounds of The Underground”. Astonishing, is a fantastic show not just because of the magic tricks which are not something you haven’t seen many times before, but it is fantastic because the same cast actually takes part of all this, making a fantastic show out of a combination of magic, great voices and dancers. BRAVO! And all my respect for the creator of this fantastic and original idea. The sounds of the underground, I won’t spoil it for those who haven’t seen it, but in this show the cast shows their talent in such a fantastic way. Adam the piano player was fantastic, always friendly and his singing show with the guests was definitely a highlight of the cruise. -The Entertainment team is in charge of keeping the guest having fun during the day with activities, quizzes, dancing classes etc. Good job guys! Special mention to Fiona who besides being an excellent host an entertainer she was always smiling and keeping everyone up and going the whole time. I wanted to take her with me but my lady wasn’t really very agreed with this. The entertainment on the Britannia was just fantastic! In summary, I will definitely go back to the Britannia because after getting off two days ago, I still miss it and remember with a nostalgic feeling and a happy face. Thank you to all the crew who made my first visit a really good one. Except for the internet company, you suck! Oscar Coria

My first time cruising on the Britannia.

Britannia Cruise Review by OscarCoria

• Sail Date: July 2018
  • Destination: Europe

Let’s start with the dining experience.

Drinks and Bars

The internet

The shops

The Gymnasium

-Fantastic equipment, location and venue.

The entertainment in your room.

The Entertainment on Board.

The entertainment on the Britannia was just fantastic!

Oscar Coria
OscarCoria’s Full Rating Summary
Get P&O Britannia price drops

Cabin G 310
The cabin was fantastic, even when we were not very happy about the restricted view, a mistake made by our agent, the great housekeeper, the great tv entertainment, and the comfortable bed, at some point we forgot about having a restricted view.