Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review by Rachteee

• Sail Date: Jul 2018
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom

This was my first cruise and I was very excited to be going on an Alaskan cruise because of all the good things I've heard about it. Also traveling on a very new and huge cruise ship, I was told there would be so many things to do on the ship. However, it was way too crowded. Every event I went to whether it was a raffle or seminar, I was being sold something. The spa was overpriced especially for a really low quality massage and the staff was stuck up. On top of the poor quality of massage and not having access to any of the spa rooms that were advertised in the pictures and no robe provided, we had to walk out all oily in our clothes we came in, and the masseurs wanted more gratuity in addition to their 18%. This was by far the worst experience I had on this ship. They also told my mom they didn't feel any knots but wanted to sell her alkaline oil to dissolve any tight lactic acid muscles. This goes to show how desperate the staff were to make a sale vs allowing people to have an enjoyable cruise. The best part of the cruise was the unlimited drinks and food, If that's all you're looking for on a cruise ship. I also heard from staff that Ncl doesn't want to pay the cost of the closer areas of the ports so that why we had to walk a very far distance in Juneau and Skagway. Overall, I came in with high expectations and did not get to see Alaska on land as much as I wanted to because this cruise was more focused about keeping their customers on the ship to buy more products from them. The specialty restaurants were all very good quality but I wish they had halibut and crab legs available on the menu. No complaints about the unlimited drink package.

Rachteee's Full Rating Summary

Balcony Stateroom

The rooms were quite small but the stateroom staff kept the, very clean. They came by twice a day at least and left animal towels. They are hard working staff.

Rachteee