3. Celebrity Silhouette
We chose this cruise ship as it is rated as a higher end cruise line for its size. We also picked it for the port stops and in particular St. Petersburg. We were disappointed in the way in which the cruise line handled the disappointment of not going into St. Petersburg due to weather. The crew tried their hardest and did a good job to make the best of the situation. The cruise line however refunded a different amount to everyone for the port fees and the guests began to discuss this. The weather is not the fault of the cruise line but the way in which they handled not being able to go to the major port for two days on the itinerary was way below my expectation. At the very least I would expect a reduction on a future cruise. We were told by the crew and captain that they knew the port stop of St. Petersburg was the main reason people booked this particular cruise and that a ship of a smaller size would have been able to navigate the channel. We have since noted that the, Britannia Ship, of a larger size was in port the day previous to us and left the day we were not able to go in. The weather network showed no signs of recovery in the weather in fact worsening conditions for the following day and we docked outside St. Petersburg waiting for a chance to go into port. We found the cushions around the pool very tired. It was the World Cup series and the shows were changed to accommodate watching the football games. Although there were a number of people interested in this not all the guests were. I wonder if the games England played in could have been shown in the pubs and smaller theatre. We were glad we purchased the classic drink package but a few days in, the wine I was drinking no longer existed. We had mentioned my husbands birthday and it was missed. The champaign that was to be provided for Concierge Class was not offered we needed to ask for it near the end of our cruise. The ship shuttles in Copenhagen and Stockholm only had one stop. There were in my mind two major stops that would have made it much more convenient and wonder if the shore excursions desk could not get this accommodated for future guests. The enrichment speaker for the different ports etc. was of poor quality. His speaking skills were not of a professional quality nor was the information he provided. I had more information from a couple of tour books I had read prior to the trip.

Major disappointment

Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by travelnanapapa

• Sail Date: June 2018
  • Destination: Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Concierge Class

We found the cushions around the pool very tired.

travelnanapapa’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Silhouette price drops

Concierge Class
Cabin C3
The storage in the room was poor. The one set of three drawers was rounded and did not fit clothing well. The other storage was awkward above the bed. There was no outlet near the bed for a needed plug. A large industrial extension cord was provided that made for a challenge walking across the cabin at night. The bed skirt was very dirty as was the couch. The upgrade to concierge class was to provide afternoon treats and they were of such poor quality that we asked them to not bring them as it was a waste of effort.
Sky Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins