3. Columbus
Last week my wife and I went on our 1st cruise to the Norwegian fjords and for two walkers thoroughly enjoyed it. I was a bit apprehensive but no problems it was like having a floating hotel. All 5 of the land days we went ashore 3 off them we did guided walk and the others found our own then did coach trips in the pm. Food and hospitality was 100 % cabin excellent apart from being an inside one which we won't do again nothing wrong with it apart from no natural light.. we were blessed with excellent weather which helped. Highly recommend cruising but I think 8 to 10 days would be our comfort limit. I was worried about the dress code but this wasn't an issue as each day you got a news letter through your door telling you about the next days cruising etc and what the dress code was for the evening, sadly I don't think many people read this as there were always several people (mainly men) not wearing the right attire for the evening meal in the restaurant and I felt that these people should have been refused entry and either go and change or suggested they use the self service restaurant which served the same food.

1st time cruising

Columbus Cruise Review by peewee_48

peewee_48’s Full Rating Summary
Get Columbus price drops

Excellent inner cabin, facilities were fine, TV reception poor but that was a minor issue, Excellent service from beginning to end, safe was tempermental, not a problem though, this cabin is excellent as its only 10 5 mtrs to the back decks and a sun terrace.

• Andalsnes
    lovely small town we did our own walk in the am which we got off local tourist map picked up at gate when leaving ship, the walk was about 6 miles in total and flat including visiting a local church sadly only open 4 til 8 pm... we then went on a coach trip to see the troll wall climbing wall 1000 mtrs high and to a ski resort hotle for tea and cake beforereturning back to cruise ship, the road was excellent following a river with waterfalls etc
    View All 36 Andalsnes Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Andalsnes Cruise Port Review
  • Mount Floyen
    great little city lots to see and do all within walking distance of ship, the Mount Floyen hike was good as well very picturesque with great views of Bergen, shops in the Hanseatic area are excellent good for souvenir hunting and prices not that bad, fish market well worth a visit.
    View All 43 Mount Floyen Reviews
  • Tvinde Waterfall
    trip to waterfall and Viking village which was very good and informative and hands on with lots of crafts and excellent local guides
    View All 6 Tvinde Waterfall Reviews
  • Olden
    excellent little village lovely churches to visit, we did a hiking tour to mnt Huaran well worth it great view at the top about 3 hrs in total stony road good footwear needed
    View All 157 Olden Cruise Port Reviews