3. Celebrity Reflection
We picked this cruise and itinerary based on our daughters school closing dates and also that we could suit it with our holiday schedules. We booked two cabins next to each other so our daughter who is 13 and her best friend had their own and me and my wife had our own. For those who intend to bring a child not their own on a cruise be aware that you need quite a bit of paperwork filled out for the child to be able to travel. The flight from Stockholm to Rome didn't have any restrictions but to board the ship was a bit arduous. We had balcony cabins in the aft of the ship on the 7th floor and they are very comfortable and fully enough unless you have massive amounts of clothes. Then you might want some extra storage space. The service on the ship is immaculate. Our stateroom attendant and all the staff were fantastically friendly and helpful. The positives on the ship was the amazing food, even in the main dining room Opus the food was really,really good. Be aware though that when you want a steak medium you should ask for it mediumrare and if you want mediumrare ask for it rare...you see where I am going with this! A drinks package is a good recommendation as always and use the internet when you get a shore because the ship internet costs an arm and a leg. Ports were a positive since we got to see new ports we hadn't seen before! La Spezia is way better than the previous Livorno, Villefranche ( not Nice) was amazing, Cartagena and Gibraltar briljant all in all a very nice itinerary. We booked as usual our own excursions since the ones arranged by celebrity are rather expensive. It is way cheaper to go ashore and talk to taxidrivers and you can get the tours easily for half the price. Some of the public areas really need a facelift, they are dark and somewhat oldfashioned. A lot of full carpets and dark colors. This is just a hygiene factor but also the entertainment was of mixed quality with string quartets and jazz. I felt like our 51 years of age was too young...some of the pool entertainment and shows were more modern but rather a mixxed quality. A big plus for the captain who had a really nice sense of humor. The fitness area had one very annoying feature, all treadmills and cardio machines started to cool down after 30 minutes automatically..like I would have been on a cruse were I had to wait on a treadmill??? One last very annying fact is that they added a minibar charge on our check out bill which was incorrect and despite 4 emails to the company over three weeks have resulted in exactly no answer nor correction!

Average cruise on a ship in need of a facelift

Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by Cruiserunner

Cruiserunner’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 13 to 15
Get Celebrity Reflection price drops

Deluxe Ocean View with Verandah
Cabin 1A 7350
Nice, clean perfect for a couple. If you have a lot of clothes you might want more storage space. Service was impeccable.
Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins