3. Coral Princess
Alaska was always on my husband's bucket list and with our recent retirement we were really looking forward to an active, exciting and relaxing experience. When we first boarded the ship in Vancouver, the agent asked for our credit card for onboard expenses. The Amex card we asked that they use was not the same number as the Amex card we initially used almost a year ago but was a replacement card. The agent never checked the card number to see if it matched. The next day, our cruise card was declined. My husband immediately went to guest services and gave them his Amex card, which they said they would run through again. They then notified us the card was declined. I went to guest services and asked to call Amex, since there seemed to be a problem. They offered me use of a ship to shore phone in the noisy central Atrium, while music played in throughout the atrium area, My request for privacy was denied, as was a request for a cup of coffee. Amex told me there was absolutely nothing wrong with our card. Once again, the front desk insisted our card was declined. The next day we received a letter requesting we get to the front desk prior to leaving for our excursion, as our card was again denied. At this point, we gave them another credit card. As soon as I got to port, I called Amex who told me that the card that they said was continually declined had in fact never been called in. It was at that point we realized that they had never checked the card number. We had wasted about 4 hours trying to politely rectify a problem that was not of our doing. And yet, the front desk staff, including the clerks and Mallar Burman, the ship's Finance Manager continued to try to place all the blame on us. they were rude and unwilling to take any responsibility for wasting our time. we asked for some minor compensation for our time and were hastily and continually refused, and were told it was that as Finance Manager, Mr. Burman was unable to do anything other than give us an inexpensive bottle of wine. He said he would take it up with corporate when he was able to . Finally, on the 5th day of our cruise, late in the afternoon, we received a letter of apology from the Customer Relations Manager, acknowedging our dissatisfaction and apologizing for any inconvenience. At that time, they were not giving us anything to compensate for the problem. On the 6th day, they sent a $29 bottle of wine to our cabin. Too Little too late. In addition, the ship is run down. The blackout draperies (a necessity in Alaska, where the sun sets at midnight and rises at 3:30) had tears and the sheer curtains had mildew spots. the mirrors in the bathroom were ragged and discolored. We selected the 7:30 dining option. The food was excellent for the first 3 days, then went downhill as they ran out of "fresh" food. The evening activities started between 7;30 and 9;00, too early for those of us having at 7;30 and not finishing until after 9:30.

DISAPPOINTING CRUISE EXPERIENCE

robinhsw’s Full Rating Summary
Get Coral Princess price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MD D623
Holes in black out drapes and mildew marks on sheer curtains.
ragged discolored edges on bathroom mirros
Caribe Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins