3. Viking Tor
Firstly I would like to say this is one of the best holidays we have been on. The staff, ship and destinations were exactly as described and totally met our expectations. The down side was that a few days before we left we received an email to say that part way through our sail we may have to disembark due to low water of the Danube. We weren’t over the moon about the prospect of changing ships but as I had already done some research on the cruises before we booked I understood that this could happen should water levels drop. On day four we arrived in Passau expecting to spend the morning in the City and return to the ship to set sail at 3pm. On our return at lunch we received an announcement that we wouldn’t be sailing until at least 6pm and that they would keep us informed. The outcome is that a decision was not made by Viking until it was too late to carry on our journey on the river - the water levels were now too low! Mistakes happen but when you have already been told that you might have to change ship I will never understand why they back tracked and we didn’t have an option to change with the sister ship sailing towards us. When we we told - we were so disappointed as I personally had never felt so relaxed on holiday. For the remaining part of the holiday we were coached to Nuremberg & Regensburg (Nuremberg is a 6 hour round trip) - we finished the holiday exhausted. Would I do a river cruise again? Absolutely but would choose to go in May and be constantly checking river levels. Viking you were spot on with many things and have amazing ships & staff but when you have booked a cruise with a French balcony you expect to cruise and also have a lovely view ... our view for three days was of the other boats docked in the same area - we had lost any privacy & stunning views. Whoever was responsible for making the decisions on this particular sailing should put themselves in the customers place and invest a lot of money on a holiday to end up on a coach tour - such a shame.

This would have been 5 * if we hadn’t been docked for 3 days ...

Viking Tor Cruise Review by Whury

• Sail Date: July 2018
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: French Balcony
Firstly I would like to say this is one of the best holidays we have been on.

Whury’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Tor price drops

French Balcony
Cabin D 222
Cannot fault - cabin also serviced at least twice a day.
Middle Deck Balcony Cabins