3. Carnival Imagination
Overall, not impressed. The cabin was the worst part of the trip. It was incredibly cramped, the lights would have to sort of warm up and flicker to life on a delay, there was only one power outlet, and the bathroom was very poor. The bathroom was so cramped we had to sit mostly sideways on the toilet to use it, and the shower head was busted in two ways. It would constantly swing downward and needed to be held up half the time in use, and the head itself was partially damaged and was spewing a lot of water out of the seams. Also, the walls may as well have been paper. I could hear everything in the hall and the room next door. Every conversation, every person walking down the hall... Every time my neighbors decided to go at it in the bed... The staff was mostly fine, but guest services was not. I went looking for some dramamine and the stores were closed, so I asked guest services about some and they told me to go to the stores. I told them the stores were closed and they told me that they were open. Now, the store that sells dramamine is directly visible from the guest services booth. The gate was closed, the lights were off. I pointed this out and was still told that the store was open. It wasn't. It didn't open for another hour. I didn't use my steward, he seemed like a good guy. Food was okay. The fine dining is quality, but portions were skimpy. I ordered the grilled chicken with red potatoes. Should read Red Potato. The chicken breast was sized okay, but I got half of a typical red potato, cut in half. That's embarrassing. The same portion control was present in the buffet, with premium items like bacon, pork loin, ham, or roast beef. If you asked for any of those, you'd be doled out an extremely small portion, and servers were reluctant to keep cutting you more, though they would if pushed. The breakfast buffet was very unimpressive. Both mornings I tried it, the pancakes were cold, even when I grabbed them right after they were put out. The eggs were cold the first time, and only mildly warm the second. The butter offered is not suitable for use with pancakes or french toast as it is served chilled and is very hard to spread on food that isn't warm to begin with. Some of the amenities that are advertised are a LOT less than Carnival will lead you to believe. The Arcade especially is a total joke. It's by majority very shifty prize games to milk people for money. Very few actual games, and it's all jammed in a very cramped and uninviting space. The Carnival website leads you to believe that their arcades are actual arcades. This doesn't qualify. I've seen run down bowling alleys with more significant arcade offerings. The pool is not large or especially good. THE WI FI IS TERRIBLE. It's extremely expensive, and even with their best, fastest service, I was finding myself without connection over much of the ship, and when I did have connection, it was sloooooooooow. Sub dial up slow at times. It took 11 minutes to load a page, and it didn't even load any images from that page. It's a shameful ripoff. Overall, I don't intend to sail this ship again.

Mostly good staff weighed down by some poor accommodations and oversold features

Carnival Imagination Cruise Review by Ryan V

Overall, not impressed.

It wasn't. It didn't open for another hour.

I didn't use my steward, he seemed like a good guy.

The pool is not large or especially good.

It's a shameful ripoff.

Overall, I don't intend to sail this ship again.
Ryan V’s Full Rating Summary