3. Caribbean Princess
Embarkation and Disembarkation went very smoothly. Not sure if the fact that we arrive late and depart early had anything to do with that, but can't complain about either process. Ship overall was in good shape. I had not been on a ship this small before, so was not sure what to expect. You can tell its not a "new" ship even though there was a refurb completed last year -- I liked the fact that there are a lot of pool options to choose from,,, I think 6 overall... Piazza was nice, condensed across 4 levels... was not a lot going on, but people seemed to congregate in that area. The casino was nice, a few tables for each game and a decent amount of machines... never seemed to be too crowded. Dining was just ok. The buffet breakfast was not impressive at all. Limited items, not much to choose from and never new items... was hoping that each day maybe we would get a new appealing selection... but no. I guess I am used to the Royal Princess level of food and selection... not here. The wait on an omelet was 15-20 minutes... every day you went. Just not impressed. The dining room was definitely better, although not up to the Royal Princess level of selection or quality, but not bad. If you go on this ship, definitely pay for the Crown Grill and Sabatini's, those were the best meals we had that covered 3 of our nights. Entertainment / Activities - Minimal. Didnt hear good things about the entertainment, so never went out of my way to see anything. Overall, did not seem to be a lot of organized activities. I have only sailed RCL and Princess, so I have minimal perspective, but Princess is miles behind RCL when it comes to engaging with the passengers and getting them involved in things. Maybe its just the style of the line.... Would have liked more engagement from the staff there. Service was good.. my cabin steward was very good, waiters and staff were very good. Overall, definely a lack of engagement across the ship though. Didnt feel like everyone was really giving their all. My wife agreed with that... you could tell as soon as we were on-board that something was off with the staff. Not a lot of smiles, hello's, offers to assist. Overall was an ok cruise. Has me thinking I may want to try Celebrity to see how they stack up. Was throughly impressed by Princess on my last 2 cruises (both on Royal Princess), so not sure which is the real Princess....

Very middle of the road experience

Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by ATL111

ATL111’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 13 to 15
Get Caribbean Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BA A719
No issues with cabin or service of the cabin. Standard balcony room, small bathroom -- used to the Jr. Suite bathroom which is a lot bigger. Bed comfortable, new large flat screen TV's with a nice selection of content. Limited live TV, but lots of movies and shows to choose from.
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins