• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise
  • Deals
  • Excursions

Coral Princess Review

Editor Rating
52 Awards

Alaska is great. Princess sucks. Terrible food and service.

Review for Coral Princess to Alaska
Btravelthougts
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Jun 2018
Cabin:
Traveled with children

I selected this cruise for the itinerary. I thought Princess also had a good reputation. I was told they had been doing AK cruises longer than the other lines. We could not have been more disappointed in Princess.

My family of 4 spent a lot of money to go on this land/cruise tour. Alaska was awesome and I cannot wait to go back. I will NEVER give Princess another dime of my money. To sum it up, the food was not just bad it was gross, the service was equally as bad and the ship needs to be updated and maintained.

The land portion of the cruise took us to Captain Cook. Here we were placed in a room where the elevator runs directly behind the sheet-rock with apparently no sound proofing. This was an old hotel so you can imagine the unbelievable noise that created. This was the worst set up in placement of a room I have ever seen. I called and they had no room. Then I had to get a manager and suddenly they had a different room. We should not have to ask much less demand a manager. After that we went to Mt. McKinley Lodge. The rooms here are old and not cleaned and maintained (long-term neglect). I took pictures to the front desk and the manager asked me to email them to her. I did so, but never received a response or anything. Next we went to Denali. The rooms were slightly better, however, still showed signs of long-term lack of cleaning.

Acceptable. In need of paint on balcony.

6 Helpful Votes