Coral Princess Cruise Review
1,031 Reviews

Alaska is great. Princess sucks. Terrible food and service.

Coral Princess Cruise Review by Btravelthougts

• Sail Date: Jun 2018
  • Destination: Alaska

I selected this cruise for the itinerary. I thought Princess also had a good reputation. I was told they had been doing AK cruises longer than the other lines. We could not have been more disappointed in Princess.

My family of 4 spent a lot of money to go on this land/cruise tour. Alaska was awesome and I cannot wait to go back. I will NEVER give Princess another dime of my money. To sum it up, the food was not just bad it was gross, the service was equally as bad and the ship needs to be updated and maintained.

The land portion of the cruise took us to Captain Cook. Here we were placed in a room where the elevator runs directly behind the sheet-rock with apparently no sound proofing. This was an old hotel so you can imagine the unbelievable noise that created. This was the worst set up in placement of a room I have ever seen. I called and they had no room. Then I had to get a manager and suddenly they had a different room. We should not have to ask much less demand a manager. After that we went to Mt. McKinley Lodge. The rooms here are old and not cleaned and maintained (long-term neglect). I took pictures to the front desk and the manager asked me to email them to her. I did so, but never received a response or anything. Next we went to Denali. The rooms were slightly better, however, still showed signs of long-term lack of cleaning.

Now to the cruise. We took a 7 day cruise going southbound. Alaska's wonder made it so worth it but Princess again here disappoints big time. I had to go to the service desk about 6 times for various things. 5 of the 6 times the staff at the desk were rude, not interested in helping and/or knowledgeable about almost anything. The food was consistently bad bad bad!!!! The worst food I have ever had on a vacation by far. Sure there is a lot of it but my goodness that is because 95% of is not made for human consumption. I went there with very very low food expectations and didn't expect gourmet food by any means. However, Princess managed to do worse than I could possibly imagine. For example, one night I had Salmon (AK so you would think, good) and it was the worst Salmon I have ever had). The fish itself was supper dry and it had been rolled in what tasted like shake and bake (no I am not kidding). There are too many examples but trust me it is bad bad bad. Last on disembarkation, in addition to the staff being super unhelpful and rude it was a disaster. Princess inability to have helpful staff that can know and communicate with its paying passengers during disembarkation is unacceptable.

I have much more but I leave it at the above. Go to Alaska for sure, just do NOT give Princess one dime of your money. I know I will never do that again!

Btravelthougts's Full Rating Summary

Acceptable. In need of paint on balcony.

Btravelthougts