3. Magellan
Chose because it went from Liverpool- and went to Iceland. Never heard of the company before, got half price deal and hoped for the best..we cruised with P and O once and started noticing differences early on, but what the hell the itinery was what I wanted. The Magellan was a bonny ship, she did well in some 4metre swells and strong winds -we had 2 ‘choppy’ nights..Cabin kept ship shape by a lovely steward Lola, what a credit to CMV..no issues with inside cabin, suits us fine. Dining -early sitting in Waldorf -all evening meals there, lovely waiters. I witnessed people mocking the staff, laughing behind there backs and non stop whining. Get a grip not in the Empire now - the people on our table were not like that fortunately. I was really angry and went to see the head guy - he was grateful for our support for the staff. I went for scenery, sunsets, whales, dolphins and to see more of the most stunning island ever. fortunately I did not go for the entertainment, sorry guys and gals it was poor. jimmy carlo was ok, nice chap .. I feel it was all aimed at over 70s, music, acivities on board -the lot. The staff were great on the whole, in Reception 1 chap and Marta good , rest very unhelpful. I have no complaints -but please get a patisserie chef, those school dinner tray bakes were not for me..loved all the fruit and Elganos pizza -best grub on the ship.. Stops at Dublin and Orkney, so hot we were suntinged each day..fab -did not use the trips booked our own hop on hop off bus tour.and Orkney we visited an aquaintance. Faroe isles,-poor weather,..shame Iceland-stunning visited east, north , west then south.. Cannot enthuse enough about Iceland, would have liked better weather ,and more whales but thats life. Only used Blue Lagoon trip with CmV it was great,lovely local people driver and narrator. Rest of time did our own thing... Puffin Express 1 hour of puffin watching was brill, whale watching trip poor, they tried so hard but sea state rough and only 2 fins in 3 hrs. Iceland incredibally dear, but its stunning , eco minded people at one with nature and they believe in little people living in the rocks...they will do for me.. I loved the cruise, you get out what you put in, and we met ace people on our Waldorf table - wonderful.. No kids on cruise, would I go again with CMV yes, I took so much from the trip and had lovely chats whilst scanning the oceans for sea creatues...life is what you make it.. Thank you to staff and bridge crew...I have early onset Parkinsons Disease and cruises I find easier to cope with..And more manageable for the condition . Ps used onboard wellness centre -very good

You get what you pay for - a good cruise

Magellan Cruise Review by Photo mad

Chose because it went from Liverpool- and went to Iceland.

Dining -early sitting in Waldorf -all evening meals there, lovely waiters.

jimmy carlo was ok, nice chap ..

I feel it was all aimed at over 70s, music, acivities on board -the lot.

Faroe isles,-poor weather,..shame

Iceland-stunning visited east, north , west then south..

Rest of time did our own thing...

No kids on cruise, would I go again with CMV yes,

Ps used onboard wellness centre -very good
Photo mad’s Full Rating Summary
Get Cruise & Maritime Voyages Magellan price drops

No issues, kept spotless by the lovely Lola,
I have read very whining reports about smells and noise, you are on ship not the HIilton.