3. Amsterdam
I just submitted my review for our recent cruise. I rated it 5 stars out of 5: This is a quick and concise review compared to most of my previous ones. We have been to Alaska several times so I will not share the port reviews. The Wife and I were looking for a relaxing getaway and we chose this Alaskan Cruise based on timing and price. 4th of July fell on a Wednesday this year and business-wise, it made a lot of sense for us to take this cruise during a very slow work week. When we shopped around for cruises during this time period, several months ago, we noticed that the Alaska Cruises were quite a bit pricier than past Alaskan seasons. Good economy? Lots of demand? Who knows. But Travelocity seemed to have quite a good deal and gave us $200 On-board Credit. Our Cruise price was a real bargain in comparison.. We chose an outside cabin in the front of the ship on the lower deck. Stateroom 1805 is designed for handicapped people but is about twice as big as a regular OV (DW is disabled) The stateroom was excellent in our opinion. Odd shape but well over 300 square feet. Plenty of storage space. Excellent room! We had an excellent stateroom attendant (Yusaf) and his assistant. They did a great job. As an example, we needed the beds rearranged and told them before the Muster Drill. We get back from the Muster Drill and the room is totally made up! We are earlyy diners and without telling Yusaf, he knew and made our rooms up quickly every night. Spotlessly! They both deserved the extra tips we gave them at the end of the cruise. Food and service was excellent. We stuck primarily to the Lido Buffet. There was fresh Salmon every day. They are also serving little Tapas style plates for dinner that were great...couscous salad, marinated vegetables, prawn salad and the like. Pinnacle Lunch is a great secret. Do not miss it. I'm telling you. Apparently the Rudy's Special Meal for $49pp for only one night is also a winner. We unfortunately did not get a chance to try it though. Amsterdam was spotless. Service was outstanding. Approx 1350 passengers are easier to manage than the massive megaships that abound. Our last Cruise was Emerald Princess over Thanksgiving with over 3500 pax and 700 children. Enough said on the comparison to this cruise! Tip: Do not try using the ship's internet while in port. For some reason it slows to a crawl. Works better out at sea. DW was on for 10 minutes in Ketchikan and could not even get into her e-mail account. It was that slow. We brought it up to the front desk who immediately re-credited her 10 minute session. No questions asked! Satellite works fine while we are not in port. Tip for you all! Embarkation and Disembarkation were a breeze. All in all, a great cruise and we got what we wanted. Relaxation and a reboot before going back to work the a day after disembarkation. Let me know if you have any questions. -Curtis

Holland America Is Back!!

Amsterdam Cruise Review by curtdesilets

• Sail Date: July 2018
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Large Ocean-View Stateroom
I just submitted my review for our recent cruise. I rated it 5 stars out of 5:

Embarkation and Disembarkation were a breeze.

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Curtis
curtdesilets’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Amsterdam price drops

Large Ocean-View Stateroom
Cabin H 1805
1805 is a great room. Very large. Designed for handicapped. Tons of storage space. Can separate into two twins with almost separate rooms. Odd shape but huge!
Navigation Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Sea Otter and Wildlife Quest
    Excellent weather. Saw about 200 Otters, some mothers with their babies cradled on top of them. Bird Island was fascinating and we saw a rare MINKE whale along with some humpbacks.
    View All 68 Sea Otter and Wildlife Quest Reviews