3. Norwegian Jade
We'd always wanted to see the Norwegian Fjords and to travel to the Arctic Circle, so we booked this family cruise with great excitement, despite the fact we couldn't get adjoining cabins because we were assured NCL would do their best to get us cabins next to each other. We were split - my husband on deck 8, with me and my daughter on deck 9. NCL did nothing to get us cabins together and Guest Relations were rude when we put in our request as they were at subsequent times. On a NCL excursion to a Viking Farm in Haugesund we were left waiting in the pouring rain for the coach to arrive for one and a half hours without information or shelter. There were no refreshments at all, we had to rush our trip. There was no attention to detail on Norwegian Jade, the atmosphere despite the entertainment was dour, the ship quite soulless. If this had been my first cruise, I would never go back. All the glasses (champagne, wine, water glasses in cabin) were invariably dirty, often with other people's lipstick marks - apparently there's no extra charge for lipstick, one waiter quipped. Garden Cafe was dirty, the tables unclean, the floor left unswept. The food was greasy, there was no variety, little effort made regarding taste, the bread products stale, the cakes disappointing. Despite having a drinks package we couldn't get a mocha or a latte without paying extra plus gratuity. There was nowhere to sit comfortably, Cafe Java was more of a waiting area rather than a Cafe. O'Sheehan's was a dirty nightmare, the food barely warm. The restaurant food was palatable but often strange and the glasses remained dirty as ever. A tired looking chicken drumstick as a starter, cheese cake without a biscuit base and indeed without actual cheese (yes, it was a slice of frozen tasteless blancmange). The toilets stank permanently of sewage, masked by the overpowering stench of bleach, a sickly combination. The cabins were functional, certainly no frills, no nuance and the balcony door was a nightmare to close and shut. When I mentioned this to housekeeping they shrugged. My husband (6 feet tall) had difficulty opening it likewise. On our last cruise we were offered a glass of fizz when coming on-board, on the Norwegian Jade we were sprayed with disinfectant, a somewhat futile gesture as the dirty glasses left their mark and both my daughter and I left Norwegian Jade (we got on perfectly healthy) with a bug - sneezing, coughing and feeling sick - and also with a great sense of relief and gratitude that our stay on this particular ship was at an end.

Washy washy, happy happy with the most shocking on-board hygiene problems

Norwegian Jade Cruise Review by PlanetofColour

• Sail Date: June 2018
  • Destination: Norwegian Fjords
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Balcony

PlanetofColour’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Jade price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony
Cabin BA 9554
As above in my overall review. I shared with my daughter who is 19 years old.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins