3. Harmony of the Seas
My parents cruise often and were impressed with the features of the largest ship in RC’s fleet: Harmony of the Seas. We had a party of 7, including 5 adults and two children. First off, the beds are solid slates of rock. We immediately engaged the staff the first night about our concern over the mattress hardness and they reassured us housekeeping would do their best to soften the bed. Unfortunately, this involved placing a thin mat that was thinner than a blanket under the fitted sheet. This was the only solution the staff could come up with, so my father and husband who were side and stomach sleepers accepted that sleep would be an uncomfortable affair. During the course of the cruise, we found many damaged decorations, elevator buttons, and punched in trash cans as well as crashing royal IQ terminals and printers that were unplugged and non functional from their terminals. Excursion tickets had to be reprinted by guest services. During our evening dining experiences, we dis not experience a single night that did not contain some sort of catastrophe with the food. The first night while eating my baked potato, I bit into a pebble that was hanging onto the skin. Management came over and expressed concern, which was reassuring and insisted this was not the norm. However, we consumed many baked potatoes on the trip and the two children with us each found one in a similar manner on later evenings. There was also a strange seaweed type substance baked into an appetizer tart that was not supposed to be there. Each evening, beverages were frustrating. I drink sparkling water, and had my glasses filled frequently with other clear beverages. This happened with our cokes, unsweetened ice teas, and often beverages were forgotten or incorrect. This also applies to the coffee. Several evenings my parents would order espresso, and it would either arrive in unappropriate cups, cold, or never arrive at all. The staples of the dinner were also inconsistent. The creme brule is served every night and every night it came out different: “barely crisped top, completely charred top, perfect top, fruit scraped off the top and with visble remains left of a berry” top, and so forth. The buffet had several frustrating issues with it as well. I fully support the cruise line’s mission to encourage the washing of hands, but I would suggest they open more than 4 stations if that’s their intent. The 4 stations of handwashing created a huge bottleneck on days the ship were cruising, creating lines that passed the stairwells. Food was often refilled when platters were half empty and on more than 1 occasion was tugged away from our teens when they were reaching for a food item. Food items line pancakes and waffles were disappointing given that they were premade and warmed under a heat lamp or not warmed at all. Our final evening we dined at 150 Central Park, and expected to be wowed given the $50 per head pricetag. Our waiter made us weight nearly 40 minutes to take our order, and they were incredibly apologetic, but the evening continued to ha r some bumps. A glass shattered in my husbands hand, dousing him in his ice tea, but luckily he was all right. The table was cleared with great speed and all was done to ensure he was all right and the cut on his finger was taken care of. The waiter at this point started bringing out many dishes to try and appease us but it ended up overloading our table. The Quality of food however, was excellent. And we had baked potatoes again, alas with no rocks! The resturant also refunded us our head charge, which we appreciated greatly. The staff there was phenomenal, particularly Francisco who completely charmed my 11 year old niece and all of us with his wit and caring disposition. My overall impression of 150 Central Park was mixed, but overall positive. I think if i cruise again, i would take advantage of the dining packages and avoid the main dining room. The wait at the dining rooms and constantly changing waiters make it difficult to create repoire with your waiter and staff. I miss the days when you were sat at the same table each night and had the same wait staff for the duration of your trip.

Avoid the Potatoes: A tale of hard beds and sub par dining experiences

Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review by Dream21

• Sail Date: July 2018
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Boardwalk View Balcony

My overall impression of 150 Central Park was mixed, but overall positive.

Dream21’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 16+
Get Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas price drops

Boardwalk View Balcony
Cabin 1I 11717
Beautiful room with a view of the ocean when you look to the back of the ship. Across from you is another estate room, but the open air was a wonderful experience, as well as the ability to see The Fine Line from our stateroom. Bed, hard as rocks. Largest complaint about ALL the staterooms.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins