AmaVerde (APT) Cruise Review

Ship of Faulty Towers

AmaVerde (APT) Cruise Review by Ship of FaultyTowers

• Sail Date: Jul 2018
  • Destination: Europe River

I was expecting a 5 star luxury river cruise similar to a Seaborne ocean cruise. How wrong was I. River cruising is similar to bus touring. There is very little time to do your own thing as you have to leave the ship to join a coach which takes you to whichever town you are going to. You do a quick tour, maybe 1.5 hours and then back on the coach to the ship. Dining is very crowded. There is only 1 restaurant and everyone goes at the same time. There is no outdoor barbecue area and so every night you are in the dining room at 7pm. There is a “Chef’s Restaurant “ which caters for about 20 guests but although it is really promoted as being fantastic, it is good, at best. There is no alcohol in your mini bar and no champagne on arrival. It is very basic. The rooms are very nice and the staff ensure they are cleaned well. The Tour Director dies the job of at least 2 people - I have never seen anyone with so much responsibility or so much to do. She really needed an assistant. My husband and I are currently aboard AMABELLA and yes, we are enjoying our holiday but we thought it would be much better. Originally, we were on AMAVERDI and have just had to swap ships. During the first 5 days virtually every passenger was sick with a gastric/vomiting bug. We were not surprised as the dining is very cramped. With 151 passengers helping themselves to a buffet with no covering, what do you expect? I think the ship designers need to undertake a course on Food Safety so they understand how bacteria is spread. One passenger vomited on the dining room floor at Namedy Castle. It was a serious problem.

Ship of FaultyTowers's Full Rating Summary