3. Royal Princess
We chose this cruise because of the itinerary, cruise line and the specific ship. All delivered in a big way. A few comments, and then some things to know before heading into a British Isles cruise. - Cruise Staff: Lexi and her team were fantastic. Princess has recently created the role of Entertainment Director to support the Cruise Director with more of the “back-office” tasks. This clearly provided Lexi and the team more time with the passengers. This was really noted and made a big difference for our family (Mom, Dad, 13 year old boy and 10 year old girl). - Itinerary Quality: What a great set of ports. I would not trade the overnight in Dublin. I’m sure Liverpool would have been great, but Dublin deserves 2 nights. We explored one day (Discovery Irish Farm Experience) and then experience museums/shopping the next. Dublin was a huge highlight of a great itinerary. - Royal: The Royal is a super ship design. Princess really got it right with this design. From the Piazza, to the Sactuary, or the really great fitness center... We love this ship and Princess has really maintained her in her first five years. A couple things to know before booking... - Leave from London/Southampton: We heard from severl of the 300 or so passengers that embarked in Le Harve/Paris that the experience was really rough through Paris - long drive, challenging airport, etc.). On the other hand the London experience was really smooth. Would highly recommend that approach... - Cabin Location: I would recommend a mid-level cabin - like 10 or 11. We were on 15 because we usually like being close to Lido on Caribbean cruises for a variety of reasons. For this type of cruise, that’s not as big of a deal. So with that in mind, I’d choose 10 or 11. - Anytime or Specialy Dining: If you are on the fence, choose anytime dining. As well, make your specialty restaurant reservations early. The variety is worth it... I hope this was helpful. We had a terrific trip, and look forward to cruising with Princess again soon.

Royal Delivers... Again

Royal Princess Cruise Review by Sspohn001

A couple things to know before booking...

Sspohn001’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 10 to 12
Ages 13 to 15
Get Royal Princess price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MA M231
Location was great. Forward, but not too forward with enough distance from the Lift bay. As I shared above, I would go with a middle deck - 10 or 11 versus 15.

Cabin design was good, but with four in the room they need to remove the coffee table. If they do, its an awesome set up. Bathroom was functional for four, but do miss the Disney bathroom design. As well, balcony is a little cramped.

That said, the cabin experience was made by our cabin steward. She was fantastic and took care of any issue we had. This spirit of service really differentiates Princess in my opinion.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins