3. Norwegian Bliss
Words cannot describe how happy we were with this NCL cruise. It was truly one of the best experiences of my life. Certainly as vacations go it is the best I've ever experienced. And I have had some really good ones! I absolutely recommend this cruise and NCL cruise line if you are looking to see Alaska. Everything was first rate from the excursions offered to the amenities, food, ship, and people. Were there hiccups? Of course. But many of those were because we were first time cruisers. A few pieces of advice I'd offer for first timers is to fully use you Personal Cruise Consultant assigned to you. Use him/her for everything. We did not take full advantage and had some struggles. But even with the struggles the voyage and destinations were so awe-inspiring and fun, the few issues seemed minor and did not merit further thought. Some other advice I'd offer is don't pinch pennies on the excursions. Not to be free with other peoples money, but even if you splurge a bit on one of the excursions offered, do it. A sea plane to the Misty Fjord or landing on the Mendenhall Glacier in a helicopter will be the highlight of your trip. Finally, plan for an extra day in Seattle if possible. There is a lot to see there! If I had anything negative to say it would be that there are a number of activities, entertainment, and such on the ship which cost "extra." Here's the deal, we were able to stay busy and have fun without many of those because there is so much to do. A couple of things we did do were the thermal spa package and the go karts just so we could say we did it. That was pretty fun actually. We also paid to have water bottles in our cabin and did the soda package. That was money well spent for us. So budget for those things you think are important, take full advantage of everything offered as part of your cruise package, and accept that there will always be a hiccup or two.... and you will have the time of your life!

What an amazing experience!

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review by PatrickBFerguson

• Sail Date: June 2018
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Mid-ship Mini-Suite with Balcony

PatrickBFerguson’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Bliss price drops

Mid-ship Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MA 13226
Bigger than I pictured, even with our luggage and such and there were three adults in the cabin. The bathroom was much bigger than I pictured as well. Two people could be getting ready at the same time standing over duel sinks. We never felt cramped.

The cabin was nice, clean and had plenty of electrical outlets.The balcony might have been the best part of our onboard experience. We spent hours out there. Our cabin steward Alfred was the BEST!
Deck 15 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Helicopter Tour
    What a fantastic excursion! The views on the flight were breathtaking. And once I stepped on the glacier I was overcome with a sense of wonder. I learned history. I stood on, touched, felt, smelled, and yes tasted an ancient glacier. Do this tour.
    View All 114 Helicopter Tour Reviews
  • Mendenhall Glacier
    View All 856 Mendenhall Glacier Reviews
  • Flightseeing
    This was an amazing experience! This company and pilot are experienced and put safety first. Yet they gave us a thrilling and beautiful experience. It is something I will remember the rest of my life. Highly recommend.
    View All 79 Flightseeing Reviews
  • City Tour
    Booked through Tripadvisor, tour was in van, not bus so much easier to get around town. Tour driver knew EVERYTHING about Seattle and took us to great scenic overlooks as well as cool sights in town.
    View All 46 City Tour Reviews
  • White Pass Scenic Railway
    I feel like we made the right call here doing the train rather than the bus. If you want to go to the interior and see the place where the gold rush was born, how the gold miners had to travel to the Yukon and the hardships they had to endure, this is the best way. Because it literally takes you along the path they took, not the modern road on the other side of the gorge. Beautiful views and vistas abound. Saw two bears and other wildlife. Just gorgeous. I highly recommend.
    View All 1,051 White Pass Scenic Railway Reviews
  • Craigdarroch Castle
    It was pretty and a very nice tour of an old country estate with some really cool local history. It is impressive, but it's not really a castle, so if you've been to Europe and toured some of those this is not that... which we knew going in. The woodwork and stonework is amazing... especially the wood inside. I did enjoy it, but if I am being honest and had it to do over, I probably would have chosen the Butchart Gradens. But, if you love old architecture and would like some insight into some juicy Victoria history, you will enjoy this. Overall, I am glad we toured it.
    View All 33 Craigdarroch Castle Reviews