Emerald Princess Cruise Review

Emerald Princess Cruise Review by 9ofus

• Sail Date: Jun 2018
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Retirement cruise for me and my family. My wife and I had been on this cruise before and enjoyed it. We had no issue and that's why we wanted to take our family this time. Everything went as planned, no issues until we got on board. The TV and the refrigerator in my room did not work and the bathroom sink was clogged. Our room attendant was prompt and called for service. It took 2 and a half days before they replaced the TV. The guy who fixed our sink used a toilet plunger and then dripped all over the sink and floor before he left. I had to ask to have it cleaned up with disinfectant.

Meals in the anytime dinning room were as expected, and they had good service. Breakfast in the formal dinning area was very slow and the service was poor (Grumpy, with an attitude). We tried it twice and then went to the buffet after that. The buffet food was as expected but the drink service was poor. Several times throughout the week I had to go find someone for water/tea or just get it myself.

The worst of it was yet to come. Trying to get off the ship was a calamity of errors. I have never seen a disembarkation process run so poorly. We have been on several cruises and thought they had this process figured out. We had a helicopter tour and hike on a glacier trip planned through Princess cruises. We were very excited to do such a big excursion. Well, that was until we went to get off the ship. We went down 15 mins early to meet our family to get off the ship. The line had already started so we took our place. Some of our family decided to wait until the line went down because they did not have anything planned. Then it started; we had one crew member start guiding us one way. Another crew member stopped us to go the other way. By then the masses started showing up. We went through the art gallery to the front on the ship. We could see people getting off on the other side. Then another person had us take the line back to where we started and we witness everyone coming off the elevators going into our line in front of us.

After 1 hour 10 mins we made it off the ship (not counting getting there 15 mins early), only to find out that we missed our excursion. Our family that waited for the lines to go down got off the ship 30 mins before us!!!!!! It was a nightmare.

4 cruises with princess and 4 with RC. From now on, RC is our selection.

9ofus's Full Rating Summary

Balcony
Cabin BA A527

Seemed small compared to RC cabins. Things were just not up to par as stated above.

The only good thing about our cabin was the attendant, he was great!

9ofus